Dad's 60th......Split and Le Bistro....

So we arrived in Split at 10am....and it was already very hot....i was off at 12 and so was Dina so i told my parents zo go out before us and when we are on the tender boat then ill sms and we can meet up....now normally tender, open tender, should start about 2hrs afterwards, so Dina and i thought we were safe....how wrong we were......security calmly said we wre not allowed to go out until open tender, another 30min....was he mad...so my manager had gangway duty....ok before i continue let me explain gangway duty....when we arrive at a port, some of the officers have to stand on the gangway and tell the guests to have a nice day.....anyway so my manager had gangway duty sobwe went up to her and asked whether she could organise that we go out on an earlier tender cause my parents are waiting for Dina and me.....yay....so nice of her....so off we went...once we arrived...we met up with my parents and i took them all, cause Dina also had not seen it, to the statue that if you rub his toe you are supposed to get good luck...so it was also pic time, my dad didnt want to take a pic but he def also wanted to touch the toe...afterwards i heard him starting to moan that he is hungry....and now...he is exactly like me....when he gets hungry he will start to get in such a foul mood that you better find a restaurant asap.....but on the way i needed to stop at my famous truffle shop, just to get the hazelnut and the crackling choc truffels....but then i realised it was 30 degrees...oh well....they would melt and i had promised to take them to the ship....so i asked the shop keeper to put them in the fridge, cause i had alady paid, and i told her i would get them later.....lunch was wow....we had a Dalmation platter to share and tons of bread and olive oil....on the platter was cheese and cold meat, olives and tomoatos....very very yummy....then Dina and i realised we had to start heading back cause we needed to collect the truffels and also we both wanted to look at some sunglasses....man i think i have gone to about 30shops since starting on the cruise and have not found glasses.....but...guess what...i think you already did...why would i write about it otherwise....i found amazing glasses, Channel, so so nice, little more elegant than my other ones, so now i have one pair sporty and one pair elegant...love them..... 

So Dina and i had to work until 8pm and then we ran down and changed for Le Bistro...this is actually the one staurant where you can really dress up.....so i wore my black cocktail dress....i love that dress, with some nice heels....we had a table for 6.... Obviously you guessed 4.....mom, dad, me and Dina and then Radu and the Captain joined. We had such a nice evening...so chilled and informal....i think, or i can say i know thAt my dad loved every minute of it.....and yes....i did take pics that i will share.....Anyway...again...wot a fun night.....so the next day it was Venice again....my dad was going home...my mom decided to extend for one more week which i thought was so cool....some mother and daughter time alone...i was ally looking forward to that...and i think she will enjoy the next run with the Greek islands...very relaxing....lets hope my schedule will permit me to go out with her at like 2 ports...i already told her...Santorini i would like her to take a tour with the Swiss tour operator, Michael. He has been on the ship every 2 weeks, what a nice guy and he asked when my parents are coming, when he found out my mom will be onboard when he is here he said she must definitely join a tour or so with them....so if im not off in Santorini, i want her to go...anyway enough planning ahead....chat soon about the second week with my mom......

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX