Oma

Just as our Italian venture in Jesolo was coming to an end we received the unfortunate news that my Oma has passed away....i could not believe it....she has been battling with terminal cancer but it still was so unexpected....

Oma had breast cancer 15 years ago and survived it and was cleared...that was such a joyful time when we received the news that all was good....about a year ago she received the bad news that the cancer was back...they could not locate it because it had spread throughout.....what terrible news....but I do not wanna go into details...I would rather just share a few last pics of my Oma and think of what a wonderful person she was.

Kim, Oma and me at Strand cafe in Radolfzell (Mettnau)- May 2015

Oma and Sofia- September 2015

She was a person who always saw the positive in every one of us, never something negative to say about anyone. She always gave to the poor, and I mean ALWAYS, not once did I see my Oma walk past someone begging on the street and not drop a few coins...always available in her pocket NOT even her wallet...she was a wonderful person....she was a very generous person.

I have a lot of joyful memories of her, I will write them in points...that way I can just look back at this blog one day and see the points...and I know my memories will flood back:

  • Oma loved to bake cake...the one I remember most was a soft vanilla sponge cake with cream in between the layers and topped with fresh strawberries
  • Oma always made meat fondue (fondue chinoise) at Christmas time
  • Oma loved to drink San Bitter
  • Oma always had chocolate at home...and i mean ALWAYS
  • Oma always bought us shoes, she was worried about us wearing high-heels...said it would not be good for us when we get older
  • Oma loved her "Marmaladen Brot" in the morning...Oma would always choose sweet over savoury
  • Oma was always positive
  • Oma always wanted to give
These are just a few memories that I remember right now...I know I will think of much more, I need some time now though...it is still very fresh. The people in her apartment block said...."we have lost the soul of our house".

I know that meeting little Sofia and also my sister's little baby, Siena, was her last wish...and I believe she held on to see them...cause as soon as she met both the little girls.....she was entered into hospital and 3 weeks later she peacefully passed away.....it is sad, but at least she was not in pain and I know she wanted to go....

Oma...you will always be in our memories and we will miss you very much......thank you for all the great memories and joy you brought to us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX