Follow up

So......of course now is my last week of being in South Africa, I will be back in 4 months, the count down has started.....I have of course started writing a list and slowly slowly I am managing to cross things off....my list consists of:
  • Which friends I still wanna see
  • What retsuarants and foodies I still wanna eat
  • What shows I still wanna see
  • What things i still need to buy and
  • What maintenance I need to do before leaving (that is maintenance on me)

The biggest worry was that I wanted to buy a camera because honestly, my old one...well it just doesnt cut it......whenever the lighting is not 100%, the photo is terrible and sometimes when I try to take a photo of the food, the first shot is so bad that I have to repeat and with repeating the food gets cold, so i get annoyed, then try again, very annoying...so on Sunday I spoke to a friend who knows about cameras, yes, it sounds like the obvious thing to do, but how often do we just listen to the shop assistant who tells us stories....so I have been told that for what I want the camera, bad lighting, taking photos of food and night scenes, the ISO and shutter-speed is very important....Nikon is my best bet....so off I went into a camera shop and was all like "I need a camera with high ISO, the megapixels dont matter (did you know in South Africa you can only print up to megapixel 12), I continued by saying that I would like to be able to change scenes and take night photos....after looking at various Nikon and Canon cameras, I finally decided on the Nikon Coolpix S8200,  so far so good.......I also got myself a little connector so that I can put photos onto my ipad. While I was over-seas last month I continously had to "find a friend" who would lend me their laptop so I could put on photos...now i can do it myself....well...I actually just tried...and somehow I cannot seem to upload pictures onto my blog with the ipad...I need to find professional help to figure this out I think.....

Of course other purchases included see-through stockings, black pumps (believe me, this has been a mission and a half, still have not been successful, so if you know where to get black pumps (like stewardess shoes), do not hesitate in sharing), toothpaste etc etc

Shows...I am getting there...went to see Phantom of the Opera last week...was absolutely amazing, it was a better show than the one I watched in Switzerland, so if u dont have tickets yet, get ur ass to a ticket shop very quickly and buy one...it has been extended until the 22nd May and it is well worth it...and tomorrow I am off to watch Madam Zingara (for those of you who dont know what it is, it is like a Cirque du Soleil show with tons of acrobats and you get served a 4 course dinner menu, but amazing food, last time I went it was a mezze platter followed by pasta, then a chocolate chilli steak and ended with a trio of mini desserts, was to die for...so again worth a visit).... Seeing friends...im doing well...have managed to see almost everyone individually which is much better, that way you can have a proper catch up...

With regards to food...still have a small list, managed to eat some amazing steak again at Turn 'n Tender, amazing food at Koi (I tried this tempura soft shell crab...wow...wow...wow)and of course their Sushi.....

Also managed to eat at Bayleaf and Sage, which for me is a fab breakfast spot although my husband will argue, he loves the prego role there (actaully he eats it for breakfast), managed to go to Vovo Telo in Parkhurst, twice, but I was honestly disappointed and I am not sure whether i will go back......firstly, when I ordered by breakfast (poached egg with feta and avo served on rye bread) it was supposed to come with a little rocket salad on the side, so the waiter told me he will replace the rocket...that is not a problem...however...it is a problem when it is replaced with a BASIL salad.....yes, basil...now we all know rocket salad, yes....basil salad, def NO.....and we had to wait for an hour for food, and no, it was not jam packed......the second time I went, I had a frittata tartlet, but honestly it wasnt a tartlet, when I hear tartlet I think of delicious short crust pastry melting in my mouth...not a muffin...yes....muffin....and this time we got served the food in 5min....also didnt like that, the place was very full and I almost felt like they are trying to chase us out......then I ordered a macchiato, cause the cappucino cup looked too big for me.....the macchiato was served in like a double shot glass and I required stirring, very strange as that defeats the purpose of the macchiato foam....so it did not live up to my expectation...so really I am not sure whether I wanna risk going back....very disappointing.....

So anyway....this is what I have been up to....now I have a jam packed few days before I fly to Barcelona on Saturday.....Now I am off to cook a Hungarian dish that I learnt while in Budapest.......buon appetito

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX