First few days

so....now my ship venture has finally started, i slept at the Best Western the night before embarking the ship...embarkation day for me was chaotic....it all started with the area where we boarded the ship and the clearing guards ask for passport and pre-employment letter.....and guess who didn't have a pre-employment letter because of our very reliable post....yes me....so that caused the first delay, i at least knew some people from the night before (who were re-joining)...who were kind enough to wait for me while all the shit got sorted out....as we got on board we had to go for safety training, this is mandatory for everyone joining and re-joining, i was the only first time joiner......

this took a couple of hrs and then of course there was an exam at the end of the day...not too bad...one mistake...so i had 49/50...i am a good listener.....7pm the ship started to sail and i already had my first shift at work, 7pm until midnight.....i was introduced to the team etc...but i am not gonna go into all knitty gritty now.....

here are some facts about the last couple of days:
- we have been at sea for 2 days, so NO cellphone signal
- there is wifi...but very slow....(i was told)...today i had 5hrs off so i risked it...who cares...i need internet what do i wanna do for 5 hrs.....i had read a hell of a lot...so not in the mood for that.....
- my iPad is not connecting so i am using my room-mates apple laptop, not so easy if you are not used to apple...also i wanna Skype but i have no idea how to log her out...haha....
- food canteen = TERRIBLE
- got to know people from gym and spa...and they say if it isn't busy i can use guest gym and spa...we get 40% off...BONUS
- i was also told in certain restaurants, speciality restaurant, which have a cover charge, we as crew are allowed to eat, of course paying cover charge
- the garden cafe, inclusive restaurant, is open for Guest Relations (ME) and officers, YAY
- my duties: reception, back office (lost and found, reservations etc)...pretty much all guest handling
- my room tiny...bathroom...non existent....but at least we have cleaning staff coming in 3 times a week and they clean thoroughly and also do uniform laundry and if u tip them...they will do ur personal clothes...guess who will DEF be doing that.....
- I might be able to get discounts for family and friends coming on board (well i can, but they said sometimes the internet price is cheaper)
- uniform is navy pin-strip pants or skirt with suit jacket and some hideous lilac blouse....but it is wearable....

Anyway.....now i am off......send me emails....i am on port (with free time) Monday and will find wifi so that i can use my iPad.......

So in short.....so far I am happy and surviving....... food hmmmm......(so glad i had my lindt choc with me though)....pics will follow soon :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX