Costa Maya- 2x

2x.....yes, one time Kim, Sofia and I....and one time with my parents.....the time we went out with Kim...was the one and only time Kim joined us....why...cause I saw this Palm Tree Margaritas and I did not want to have one on my own....so Kim thought....hmmmm...let me join them.....as we all know it is just a small tourist village with some shops and bars....so yes...we headed to the parrots because Sofia always loves seeing them and there at the bar we had a Palm Tree Margarita.....you might be wondering what that is....it is a Margarita in a Palm Tree glass...hahaha....let me share a pic...

Kim

Sofia and I (Sofia was more curious about the palm tree than looking at papa)

The parrots (macaw parrots) are beautiful....well, to look at, I would not want one at home. They also have flamingos...and all animals are free to roam....quite amazing...have a look...

Kim and Sofia looking at the macaw parrots

Flamingos

After our drinks and walk through the village, we decided to head back and let Sofia have a swim in the crew pool. There is a pool in the tourist village but Kim does not trust the water cleanliness, so we rather go and swim on the ship. There is a small "train" that takes people from the tourist village to the ship (and vice versa) and Sofia (Kim's excuse) wanted to take it back...so I walked back with the stroller (300m) and the two of them took the "train".

Sofia and Kim on the "train"

It was a nice short time off the ship...different scenery. The following time was the time my parents were here, so Sofia,  dad, mom and I went out...again...just to the little tourist village....a walk around...a stop at the chocolate shop. Yes, we bought some chocolate, 75% dark chocolate, the tequila and salt chocolate and the milk chocolate with peanuts and salt....ALL ABSOLUTELY amazing....loved them. Let me share some pics of the store....

Where they make the chocolate 

A small display about making chocolate

Some of the chocolate bars that one can buy

No, the chocolate store was not the only stop, we also stopped at the main restaurant/ bar where dad had a beer, mom and I had a frozen margarita and we all shared a guacamole with nachos (more like a snack). Sofia, who loved guacamole about a year ago when we did this Mexican route with the ship, stopped eating guacamole and avocado......even now...we tried every time....hmmm....but today when she saw us all dipping our nacho chips...somehow she changed her mind and was adamant on trying...and guess what....she loved it...dipping her nacho chip in the guacamole and sitting on an adult chair (she refused to sit in the baby chair)....let me share some pics....

Sofia eating nachos and guacamole

Margarita, beer, nachos and guacamole...yummie

Sofia exploring

So yes, it was a relaxed afternoon out in Costa Maya....of course before going back mom and Sofia had to take a pic with the Costa Maya sign...let me share...

Mom and Sofia

In the evening, the four of us (Sofia was sleeping) dined at Le Bistro (the French restaurant). The food was outstanding....mom and I had the scallops to start, dad had the snails and Kim had the onion soup. For mains, Kim had the duck, mom and dad shared the beef (32oz) and I had the prawns....we all loved it....honestly fabulous. Dessert...we shared a cheese platter and a vanilla creme brûlée...and again, we were NOT disappointed at all. In fact, during the past six weeks that I have spent onboard, Kim and I have decided that we in fact prefer the French restaurant, Le Bistro, to the steakhouse, Cagney's. Talking about all this food makes me hungry though....we are off for dinner....and we chat soon....let's see from where. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX