Sofia's first time on stage

Yes.....on stage.....let me tell you the story....Sofia is 18 months.....and as mentioned before every week there is the kiddies circus on the ship (3 years and above). We go and watch every week....the youngest ones (3-5 years) always do their tiger roars and tiger dances and jumping through hoops...extremely cute.  The older ones are the clowns or the acrobats or the jugglers etc. This week, Sofia's youth councillor, Cherry, who by the way is absolutely amazing....asked whether Sofia wanted to be a tiger. She said, Sofia comes and watches every week, she knows me, why don't we see whether she would come on stage with us....I LOVED the idea...but in all honesty, I was not sure whether Sofia would love it.

So just before 15:30 (official starting time), Sofia, Kim (who definitely did not want to miss it, just in case she would go on stage) and I sat in the front row with the other tigers. Sofia got her face painted like a little tiger and actually held still...I was amazed. A little bit before the little tigers were due on stage they had to line up....and Cherry asked Sofia whether she was ready....well, there was NO WAY in holding little Sofia back, she was READY. She held the Sophia's hand (our friend's daughter) and Cherry's hand on the other side and when it was time to go on stage....she went...with her painted tiger face, her tiger tail and her tiger ears....Kim and I were SOOOOOO PROUD......she was just so adorable. Let me share some pics of the before stage...

Sofia getting her face painted

Sofia watching the other performances

Sofia with Sophia

Sofia getting ready to go on stage

When she went on stage she was amazing...she stood in line with the others, she managed to turn around and show her tail and lie down with the rest of the tigers (yes, with some help of course). The jumping through the hoop....well she went one way and then wanted to go back the other way...the audience giggled and Sofia managed to put on quite a show by herself. I am so sorry that I did not film it....but I did take photos......let me share....

Sofia holding Sophia's hand on stage

Sofia lying down with all the other tigers

Sofia ready to go through the hoop

After that they made their way down again and right at the end all of them went on stage again. I first thought Sofia did not want to go up on stage again and thus I held her back....but then when she saw all the others up there, she made her own way up to the stage...I was like...oh my word...no way to stop her. She took her sparkling pom-pom and made her way to Cherry...quite amazing at 18 months...this time I only took videos and no photos, so nothing else to share. All I can say I am such a proud mom at this very moment...I had tears in my eyes. 

This was a little bit a different blog but I hope you enjoyed it. Cheers from a VERY proud mom. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX