Roatan.....one and only :-)

No, we have not gone there only once.....BUT we did not do very much at this port and hence there will only be one blog about it. The one time Kim, Sofia and I went out just for a coffee....a typical Honduran coffee.....we decided to take a Frappuccino rather than a cappuccino because it was just too hot. It was called Walala....and guess what, it was delicious....of course sweet...but delicious....let me share a pic....

Coffee Place

Unfortunately I did not take a pic of our Frappuccino because I thought we would go there again...but we did not end up going there again because most of the times we actually stayed on the ship and enjoyed our time there. The time when my parents were onboard we did go out, but dad felt like a beer and that is NOT possible at the coffee place so we decided to take a drink at Monkey La...let me share a pic of the Monkey La....

Monkey La

Dad enjoyed his beer and mom and I both enjoyed a frozen Margarita....and it was damn good...in fact it was one of the best ones we have had...so yes, if you go there and you do not want to venture out of the tourist village...both the Walala is a good option for a yummie coffee or the Monkey La for a cocktail and even something to eat (this time we did not eat but Kim, Sofia and I have eaten there before and we had the fried chicken with fries and it was delicious). 

Before going back to the ship we decided to do some photos at the entrance of the tourist village...one time just Sofia and I and once while dad and mom were here....time to share...

Sofia and I

Mom, Sofia and I

So yes, it is not the most exciting port for us...but there are some reasons. First of all, the dolphin encounter is amazing...but Sofia is too young for that. There are some beaches, but many have a lot of insects, now that is not a problem for adults, but with Sofia, we did not really want to exposure her to that unnecessarily...so we opted not to do beaches. That being said, once she is a little bit older, there will be plenty of things to do with her. For now...we just enjoy Walala and Monkey La. From me....cheers....and we chat soon.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX