Roma and Orvietto

Hmmm....what are we doing there....well....we needed to go to the embassy in Rome...so of course we had to leave early...in fact we had an appointment with the embassy at 10am...which means we had to leave at 6:30am...and not because it is sooooo far...but because parking in Rome is close to impossible...definitely takes time...and patience and most of all LUCK! We arrived in good time...and we circled for about 15min before we managed to find a parking near the American embassy. I still consider that quite lucky. We decided to have a cappuccino at one of the coffee shops near the embassy.....Doney was the name. Let me share a pic of the cappuccino (the order was 2x cappuccino, 1x espresso and one doughnut).....

Doney Cafe Roma

After that....the bill....I almost fell from my chair...normally a cappuccino is 1.20 Euro, an espresso 1.00 Euro and a pastry of any sorts 1.00 Euro....so in my opinion.....4.40 Euros....but because we are in Roma...maybe double.....well how WRONG I was.....13.50 Euro and that was without the doughnut....16.00 Euros with doughnut....oh my word....let me share the bill....

Bill at Doney

I was glad that cappuccino at least was very good...Illy coffee...so strong...foam perfetto thick and a lot of it....the doughnut was quite large and was yummie....so I guess we survived...

Anyway....the embassy was good...we managed to get done what was needed to be done and then we drove home. We actually wanted to stop at a famous pasticceria BUT guess what...no parking...and we did circle for 10min...so we decided let's drive towards home and stop in Orvietto for some lunch. It looked like a beautiful fortress village....let me share some pics...

Orvietto

Orvietto

There were quite a few restaurants to choose from..unfortunately the weather was not great and in fact it was around 5 degrees, so we decided to not do too much sight-seeing...just a bit...

 Sight-seeing

Christmas decor in Orvietto

We decided to rather find a place...we found a quaint little place called "Numero Uno"....the main reason we chose it...it just looked warm and welcoming...

Entrance

And guess what...that is what it was....as we entered there were four small tables...then a small reception and kitchen area.....where....drum roll......there was a HUGE play area for KIDS....AMAZING...and then another room with another 15 tables. We chose the small section cause from there we could see the play area...and hence we could see Sofia....I guess I do not need to say that Sofia LOVED it...she was such a busy bee. The menu was small but looked delicious. Mom and I opted to share the cold cut platter and dad went for the tagliatelle wild boar.....and all of us....very very happy....ample food...and the olive oil...very green and fresh...just great....let me share some pics....

Wildboar tagliatelle

Cold cuts

After that...time to go home...of course Sofia needed to pose in front of the church....she wanted to send Papa a picture.  Would I recommend Orvietto...yes...but in some nice weather...cause there is not like a main piazza, so you need some time to explore..so, yes, I would like to go back...now let me share a last pic of Sofia posing...

Sofia posing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX