Cozumel x3

So....it has been a while since I have last posted but I have been rather busy...in fact...Sofia now only has one nap a day for about 1.5 hrs...and that would be considered me time :-)

So what I have decided to do in this blog is write some combined ports....what do I mean....well, this is the third cruise (week) that Sofia and I are onboard the Jade....so we have visited Cozumel, Mexico three times....and we always do similar things...we find a nice place to go and eat....or have something to drink....

The first time we were in Cozumel we were at a different port (just a little bit further away from the main city)...one I had not been to before...that was quite nice...we also discovered that our favourite spot, Margaritaville has in fact moved to that part...so that was quite convenient and of course we had to go and visit....have one of their famous Margaritas and their famous guacamole. Here they do not have the guacamole cart though...damn...but the guacamole was still very delicious...and so was the Margarita. The place is very nice...80% under roof, but open on all sides, so you feel like you are outside...feel the warm breeze...great location...time to share some pics....

Kim ans Sofia (Sofia enjoying her lime)

Me at Margaritaville

Sofia and I at Margaritaville

Our guacamole

The second time we visited Cozumel we were back in our usual port AND it was my birthday....this time we made our way into the city and tried a new place on the main square. This was a great place for Sofia to run around (no cars and lots of space) and she LOVED it. There were a lot of birds which she could chase, the waiter was so nice, he brought a bowl of uncooked rice which Sofia could feed to the birds, of course loving it. The food and Margarita was also very yummie....we had a conch ceviche and of course nacho chips with salsa....it was a great birthday lunch...let me share some pics...
Kim, Sofia and I in Cozumel

Me enjoying my birthday Margarita

Sofia feeding the birds

Conch ceviche

The third time we went out early in the morning, so we were not in the mood for savoury food or Margaritas....we decided a coffee with some sweets would be great...and of course in an area where Sofia could enjoy running around....we ended up choosing Starbucks just outside the port because it is one of the only places that has cappuccino and their sweets looked very good....we shared a carrot cake...and man, I can only recommend it (but definitely sharing), it was rich, sweet, with nuts and it was just AMAZING....let me share a pic...

Carrot cake and cappuccino

So yes, for us, Cozumel has been about food....not so much the beach....but we enjoy it and Sofia also enjoys it....so why change it...hahaha. So this is Cozumel so far...there will be some more stops there...but next blog will be about one of the other ports...either Harvest Caye, Costa Maya or Roatan..let's see what tickles my fancy....for now though...cheers and we chat soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX