Harvest Caye

Harvest Caye is new....and absolutely amazing....it is an island just off the main land of Belize that has been developed by NCL....and they have done an amazing job...I mean just wow. The cruise ship docks and the walk-way onto the island is all covered....have a look...beautiful.

View from the ship

 Sofia ready to go to the beach

Every time (three times so far), we have been here, we went out....it is just so convenient and Sofia loves the beach. At the end of the walk-way is a beautiful entrance gate...

Kim and Sofia at the entrance gate

As you enter there are souvenir shops, other shops (clothes, duty-free, Harley etc) and of course restaurants and bars....there are places where you can hire kayaks or even do a zip-line...there is plenty to do for everyone. We normally end up going to the beach, playing in the sand, swimming and afterwards a small lunch which might include a Margarita (depending). It is really special and I love it. The pity is, that normally departure is at 1pm...the main reason is that it is a long way back to Tampa...but the past two times we stayed there the whole day cause the cruise "port order" was a little bit different...anyway...let me share some pics of the beach

 Sofia entering the water

 Sofia enjoying the beach

 Sofia enjoying the water

 Our little water-rat

Sofia playing in the sand

As you can see...Sofia loves the water and the beach...but we have managed also to try the local places...in fact we have tried two of the places for food and both were delicious. Both times we had the crispy chicken strips with chips...and both places were amazing...the Margarita....definitely better at the one place than the other....the one at the Landshark, the ice was too coarse...the other one was more smooth...I am sorry but I do not remember the name.

There is also a small kids area...with a small water-slide and water-games...which Sofia loves to go...but not alone...so yes...I do join her....and I am very proud of myself...Sofia wanted to do the water-slide and I actually did it with her...it is a dark tunnel (which I do not like), but I did it for her sake....in fact she loved it....let me share some pics...

 Kids area

 Sofia waving at papa

Sofia and I coming down the water-slide

A great port for all...something to do for everyone...let me share two last pics, the first one of Sofia and Kim at Landshark....(yes, it says Fins in the background...that is why I was not allowed to join the pic...hahaha) and the second one...Sofia relaxing on the couch after a busy day at the beach...

Kim and Sofia

Sofia relaxing on the couch

So cheers from me....you will hear from me soon...probably about Guatamala.....we did a Trolley Tour which I would like to share with you. Cheerio.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX