Costa Maya x2

Yes yes.....we have been there three times also....BUT....we only left the ship twice...because the third time it was Christmas Eve (24th Dec) and they had the Christmas lunch for all crew and Sofia and I were also invited so we opted to go there rather than go outside...and after lunch it was nap time for Sofia....so third time no going out...but let me share some stories and pics now.....

The first time we were there it was just Sofia and I who left the ship...it was the first time in Costa Maya for both of us....so time to explore...it was a short walk to the tourist village where there are quite a few shops....restaurants....bars...and a swimming pool/bar. Sofia and I even found the chocolate store....where, believe it or not, she did not want to leave and made quite a fuss....at the end of our first time there we in fact went to the store and we did end up buying some local chocolate...let me share a pic of that....

Dark chocolate with salt and tequila and a dark chocolate is rose pepper

I am sure you are curious how they tasted....here is the verdict...the dark one with rose pepper....no thank you...i did not like it (yes, I did eat it) but I would NOT buy is again...the other one...well one could not taste much of the tequila (which I guess is good) and salt was subtle, the inside of the chocolate was like a praline...so....it was DAMN delicious....I would definitely buy it again...the chocolates were quite pricey though...I guess all hand-made....

Anyway....enough about the chocolates...the tourist village was cute, Sofia and I enjoyed our walk around...we did not stop for any foodies or drinks as we were saving that with Kim on the ship...but let me share some pics of our first time out....

Costa Maya

Sofia arriving in Costa Maya

Costa Maya view from the pier

Costa Maya Tourist Village

The second time that we went out it was also just Sofia and me...so again...no lunch cause we had that with Kim onboard...we opted just for another stroll in the village and some play time and looking at the parrots. Sofia even met a little boy from another ship who was trying to share his banana with her...rather cute seeing the two of them interact...she really enjoys playing with other kids...which I think is just so great. Let me share a few pics...

 Sofia and her new found friend

 Sofia pointing at the parrot

Sofia and the parrot

On the way back to the ship there was local marimbas playing which we watched for a little bit, Sofia LOVES her music and why not let her enjoy dancing and playing marimbas a little bit...the real Caribbean vibe....

Music

As mentioned, the third Costa Maya we did not go out....we had Sofia in her Christmas outfit...those pics I will share in a later blog...my Christmas blog....for now though...hope you enjoyed Costa Maya. We have been enjoying it....well I guess we have not seen much of it but the tourist village is enough...to go sight-seeing in this heat with Sofia would be unfair....so we will keep the Mayan ruins for when she is a little bit older. From me...I see cheers....have a good rest of the day, and we chat again soon....next one probably Belize...well better said Harvest Caye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX