Cappuccino in Italy

So...now we are on our next leg of our trip....Italy....And of course I need to write a blog about cappuCcino....the day we arrived I actually did not manage to have a cappuccino cause the one at the airport i decided to skip cause it was Lavaza and we all know how I feel about that coffee, for the ones that do not know....I do not like Lavaza flavour, and yes, I can tell the difference....so Wednesday there was no cappucCino....on Thursday there was....we had lunch in Chianciano di terme (foodies I will tell you about in my next blog), we ate in the old town....the new town is big and looks quite nice also, way more modern of course, hence we decided to eat in the old town....bar pasticceria centro storico....it was a bakery and bar....foodies looked delicious and hence i thought let me try a cappuccino...not sure what went wrong there...but it was terrible....it reminded me of Germany all over again, it was weak and had way too much milk and the foam was non existent, meaning it was like air....i was very disappointed.....so i really hope the next one will be better....but before i talk about that let me share a pic with you....

Cappuccino at Pasticceria in Chianciano

Now to my next cappuccino experience on Saturday in Montepulciano.....We wanted to show my dad our little cafe where Kim, mom and i went last time, so where did we go....Cafe polizia....it is in the old town and it has Illy coffee and the foam is thick like i love, in my opinion there should be more foam, but at least it is thick, coffee strong and not too milky...i even ended up having two....and yes...i do have a pic for you....its the pic of our second round...the first round was served in these traditional old style cups....second round in Illy cups...here is the pic....

Cappuccino in Montepulciano at Polizia

Sunday.....yes...i did have a cappuccino....we decided to go to Cortona for the day. I must admit i had never heard of it but my friend, Blanca recommended it, so we thought lets go there....what a beautiful old town....wow...let me share a pic with you....

Centro Storicco Cortona
Sofia and i in Cortona
Walking through Cortona we found a cool half-underground place for some wine tasting, it was all organic wine and the lady says she has 6 hectares of grapes and has her own wine, she had two wines which won very high rewards, a vino Nobile di Montepulciano Riserva and a Brunello, they cost a fortune, around €40.00, but they were very good...i guess the fact that it is small production and organic and of course that they won a price definitely contributes to the high price....after that we ate at some restaurant opposite that little wine tasting, Let me share a pic....
Wine tasting
We wanted to sit outside and there was not so much space anymore.....of course we had some lunch, but as I mentioned earlier, I will talk about foodies in my next blog.....this one is about cappuccino....so guess what...at the end of the meal I ordered my cappuccino...yes, not very Italian cause They do not drink cappuccino after the morning, only espresso....but you know what...i still like my cappuccino in the afternoon.....the verdict the cappuccino was weak and the foam was blow away thin...i was very disappointed....these Italians are disappointing me....the foam too weak....let me share a pic with you....
Cappuccino Centro Storico Cortona

So far....only one good cappuccino out of three....now last experience...on Monday we left Italy and we were going to Finland.....so at the airport we had a little time to spare....So guess what....time for cappuccino....and they have Illy at the airport....so yes, i did decide to order one...and i mUst say not bad....was a little cold....but the foam was thick, the coffee strong...i would have prefered a little bit more foam and also a little hotter...but i was happy....so at least 50% of the cappuccinos that i had in Italy were nice.....so this is my cappuccino blog from Italy....i guess you will get one from Finland also....but next one is still about Italy...so from me...cheers for now....you will hear from me again soon.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX