Foodies

Now...this will be my last blog about food from Hong Kong...then I think I need to move on to a different topic for once, I mean my whole life cannot revolve around food, can it? Well many people would say a large part does...but definitely not all....haha....so let me tell you about two more places I visited while in Hong Kong.....

First of all Zuma. I have written about Zuma before, last time we went there for a Sunday brunch and it was superb, this time I was not in Hong Kong for a Sunday brunch so it was decided that we go there for  a light lunch.  I love Japanese type food...well the sushi and sashimi parts....so we met some of Fabienne and Sandro's friends there. They all took set menus (which I must say looked great) while I decided to stick to the a la carte. The food was great, so fresh and beautifully presented. I must say the portions were quite small, but Fabienne told me she would take me to the best cupcake place afterwards to I was also looking forward to that....


Seared Salmon with herbs and nuts

So yes, again, well worth a visit, definitely their fish dishes, Fabienne's friend had the teriyaki salmon, which was also really wow....and the sushi, such little bit of rice, just perfect, the way I think it should be done.....anyway.....now I must move on and tell you about these cupcakes.....


Millions of Cupcakes at Sift


Variety of flavour

Let me explain how these cupcakes are assembled, so they all have a dominant flavour which is the so called base, for example banana cake, then they all have an icing, most of them have a different flavour, yet complimentary, for example the one on the banana was Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla cream cheese frosting and then some have a stuffing, for example the banana one was caramel.....

The flavours were mind-blowing, from chocolate with green tea icing and green tea centre to sesame to red velvet to carrot to peanut butter and on and on....some cupcakes have no stuffing, so if you prefer just cupcake with icing it is available, of course Fabienne convinced me to try one with the stuffing cause that is what makes them special and different....

In the end I was debating between the peanut butter one, the carrot one and the banana one. The peanut butter was eliminated because the icing was almost the same size as the cupcake and then I eliminated the carrot cause it had no centre filling, so the banana one with caramel won, Fabienne had had it before and said it was great. I also think it sounded so exciting. Fabienne ended up getting the green tea and chocolate cupcake.  We decided to go back to her place and get a coffee form Starbucks and then munch the cupcakes in peace and quiet in her apartment. Yes, Starbucks is not the best of coffee, a little weak in my opinion, but in her mall, it is the best take-away coffee :-)


Sift cupcake box with our goodies inside


Green tea and chocolate (left) and banana with vanilla and caramel (right)

The cupcakes did not last very long, they were divine...and I know I sound like a broken record, but this place is definitely worth a visit.....

I was going to wrote about my last dinner foodies also....but you know what...this blog is going to become to lengthy and crammed with information, so I will leave it...and I am sorry...( well not really), but the next blog will be about foodies encore...then we skip food for a little bit.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX