Bread Street Kitchen & Bar

As you know...or might not know but are about to find out, we are in Hong Kong visiting my sister....we are staying a few days in Central in a place called Pottinger Hotel and then I will stay a few days alone with my sister at her apartment...before I get into the food part of this blog I must tell you, this Pottinger Hotel is amazing, mind-blowing, there is a Nespresso machine inside the room, showers are huge and the bed...wow...so damn comfortable, I thought I was sleeping in heaven...


Pottinger Hotel

Tonight the plan was to all together go and eat at Fish & Meat in Soho, bad luck or good luck...I am not sure, the restaurant was closed (bad luck) but we ended up at Bread Street Kitchen & Bar- a Gordon Ramsay restaurant (definitely good luck) and even luckier cause of course we did not have a reservation but they had space....in the private room...wow...what a service...I was so excited, I have never eaten at any of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants, so I just could not wait.....


Bread Street Kitchen & Bar

The menu looked delicious...just way too many choices....but before deciding on what to order Fabienne and I both wanted a cocktail...Fabienne went for some Whisky cocktail (bloody strong, but she loved it) and I went for some virgin cocktail based on the glass, I wanted a small glass so I ended up with the one in a margharita glass that was semi-frozen.... Cape Gooseberry flavoured....


Cape Gooseberry


My cocktail on the left and Fabienne's cocktail on the right

The food menu.... all looked so good....so what we decided was everyone was allowed to choose one starter and we would put them all into the middle to share.....we ended up with some very good choices....let me share some pics....


Honey glazed beef short ribs with pomelos, sesame seeds and scallions (front) and flatbread (back)


Flat bread, caramelised onion, Tallegio cheese, pigs cheek and pesto (left) and spare ribs (right)


Veal carpaccio, truffle creme fraise and artichoke


Sea Bass carpaccio, avocado and horseradish (front left) and smoked eel vanilla celeriac puree, cured frois gras and old aged balsamic (front right), spare ribs (back left) and seared yellow fin tuna, aji amarillo pepper dressing (back)

The winner...the beef short ribs....man so damn good, we raved to our waiter, Michael about them and he said they are a firm favourite, they actually came in the top 30 dishes in Hong Kong...no surprise there :-)

Mains, well some sharing some individual, so let me share some pics, then I can explain :-)


Scallops with carrot puree


Lamb rack (front) and pork chops (back), side orders creamed corn and spiced honey carrots


Jerusalem artichoke, walnut and mushroom jus risotto


Parmigiana

We all tried and I must say the food was simply delicious, the lamb I did not try but according to Fabienne, Sandro ad my dad it was mind blowing, they have never had lamb like that before, so soft and juicy....I loved the scallops and the creamed corn...and the Parmigiana.....the food was so damn good....really enjoyable.....

Desserts...well we were all so full, but we thought we need to try.....so we chose Vanilla mascarpone, mixed berries and lemon sorbet and sticky toffee pudding, muscavado caramel and clotted cream.....when the desserts came, there were suddenly three...the third one was caramel profiteroles served with gianduja sauce.....our waiter Michael said that was on the house from him because he believes we were such cool guests he wanted to do something special for him....unfortunately i totally forgot to take pics.....we all had various opinions, my absolute favourite was the toffee one (which was very unexpected), Sandro's favourite was the profiteroles (also unexpected), dad enjoyed the berries the best and the rest could not decide what they liked best :-)

Would I go back to this restaurant, without a doubt YES...I would definitely go back a million times over...and I would definitely re-order some of the delicious goodies....so damn delicious.....I am rolling out of the restaurant but absolutely worth it....here is the address if you are ever in Hong Kong and felt like spoiling yourself....

Mezzanine Level, LKF Hotel, 33 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX