Lunch at Joel Robuchon

As you might remember my mom and I were in Hong Kong a couple of month ago and we went to the Joel Robuchon eatery on the Kowloon side, inside the Gateway/ Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre. This time I suggested in to my sister and she mentioned there was another one inside Landmark (Central side), so we were definitely keen. She called the one in Landmark and they informed her, no children under the age of 4 years, hence we decided to give that one a skip and go to the in gateway/ Ocean Terminal....

We arrived around 13:30 and were lucky cause there was no line and we were seated straight away, as you all know by now, we love the whole sharing idea and I told Fabienne that the crepes were amazing...so we ordered the high tea sandwiches, one of each and the crepes with parma ham, gruyere cheese and egg.....

First the three sandwiches came....the one was frois gras with almond pieces, one was smoked salmon  with cream cheese and one was crab with tomato puree...I was quite impressed with the size, I remembered them to be quite small but this time they were almost double the size and I must admit, they were a good size....of course I have a pic to share....

Salmon, fois gras and crab

They were really nice....my favourite, the frois gras, which I really did not expect as I am not the biggest frois gras fan at all, but that combination with the nuts, amazing....then came the crepe...and also that, delicious, the outside (standing-up) was crispy, the egg yellow soft and could be squashed over the entire crepe if desired....and the gruyere and crispy parma ham, so damn good, Fabienne and I loved our savoury treats at Joel Robuchon....

Crepe with gruyere cheese, crispy parma ham and soft fried egg

Last time mom and I chose terrible desserts and I regretted it, cause there is such an amazing dessert selection of pastries and we went for some cookie...disappointment of note, this time I was not going to make the same mistake. First Fabienne and I thought about sharing and then we thought, what the hell....we both are going to go for it....it was not an easy choice at all, so many jumped out, in the end I narrowed it down to two and then finally I had my choice, the caramel and sea salt tart, while Fabienne chose the pear and caramel cake. 

caramel and se salt tart (left) and caramel and pear cake (right)

WOW, we loved them, they were so delicate and light, the pastry crispy and the balance of the salt and caramel just right, it was so delicious, I could have eaten two of them. Fabienne also enjoyed hers a lot, but when she tried mine, she decided she preferred mine :-) so, if you don't go there for savoury treats, treat yourself for a coffee or a tea and a sweet...it is soooooo worth it....wow....I am definitely going back...

So enough talking about all this delicious food, my mouth is starting to water, I am off to have some lunch now, home-made lunch though....so cheers....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX