Bistecca

So...as I mentioned, I am going to write one more food blog...then there will be a break from talking about all these restaurants.....and about all this food

So what am I going to write about.....about this restaurant called Bistecca....we went with some friends of Fabienne and Sandro's, and of course little Siena came with us.....


Bistecca

Now you might ask, why did I feel like meat when we have such amazing meat in South Africa...well this restaurant is famous for Wagyu and Kobe beef....so that was definitely something I was keen to try...first were some starters.....we decided on whole roasted garlic, meat balls and the melted cheese with ciabatta.....oh my word....the melted cheese was to die for, then again I am such a fan of melted cheese, it came in an iron skillet and was sizzling, it was amazing. The roasted garlic, well I don't need to say much about those, cause again, those were delicious, but we all know what a sucker I am for garlic....any form of garlic, roasted, raw and pickled....bring it on :-) The meat balls were nice, but nothing for me to rave about...


Roasted garlic with a pomodoro sauce


Meatballs covered in pomodoro sauce and cheese


Melted cheese with ciabatta

As you know, we love to share, so both starters and mains were shared....mains...just have a look at this meat fridge....


Meat Fridge

We ladies decided to let the men choose....they chose a big piece of Wagyu beef, a piece of Kobe beef, a portion of risotto (pea and bacon) and a lot of sides....from creamy corn, to avo and cherry tomato salad, to balsamic glazed onions, to mushrooms....when the mains came, we got a whole tray full of various sauces, they were quite tasty, but the meat did not need it at all. In fact, the Kobe beef was like butter, it literally melted in your mouth, divine, the Wagyu beef was also great and both were cooked to absolute perfection....the risotto I actually gave a skip cause the one we have at our restaurant and the one I make, looks much better, so my taste buds were not tantalised (the risotto was in fact ordered for the wife of the other guy...not sure why one would want risotto, hahaha)...I loved the creamed corn, mushrooms and avo and tomato salad, in fact I think I was the only one who ate the avo and tomato salad and the mushrooms, Sandro tried a few mushrooms and Fabienne some salad, but the rest was left to me, and yes, I munched it all, cause I didn't wanna waste it cause it was delicious....


Wagyu Beef (front) and Kobe Beef (back)


Creamed corn and mushrooms with the beautiful beef in the back

Dessert....now this is a first, Fabienne actually couldn't find anything that jumped out at her, Sandro however ordered panacotta and the friends ordered a tiramisu. The tiramisu was rather interesting, it was like an ice-cream flavoured tiramisu and the biscuits were separate, if I would have ordered a tiramisu I would have been disappointed of the outcome, but the taste was excellent, I mean the ice-cream taste, but I would have wanted the traditional biscuits with mascarpone.....Sandro's panacotta I did not try cause I do not really like panacotta, Fabienne is a big fan and did not like it....I think if I would have had any space I would have chosen the Apple Crumble....I actually saw it walk past, it looked amazing, but it also looked gigantic....so I am glad I gave the dessert a skip...rather have some caramel sea salt Lindt chocolate when I get back to Fabienne's flat :-)

So from me...that's it about Hong Kong and all the food places....hope you enjoyed it and hope you will get to try some of these places :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX