KOI- Rosebank

I love KOI...I really really do...yes they are expensive, but it is definitely worth it...sushi like no other place, top top quality...I have not been disappointed there.....so this morning when we decided it is time to al go out together we really wanted to be able to sit on the terrace (it's been so hot) so KOI in Rosebank was the decision, we have been there before, but the normal one we go to is the one in Sandton, cause it is just closer, atmosphere wise, the one in Rosebank is a hell of a lot better....

What better than to sit outside on the terrace on a hot summer evening....make sure you book and make sure you state that you would like to sit outside.....

Starters....pretty simple....well...next time I should read the menu, but there is this particular item which I love so much that I keep going back to it....thinly sliced seared salmon sashimi with a fusion dressing....and it is just wow.....(mom and I decided to share), Kim and dad shared the dim sum platter, which had 10 (2x prawn & shiitake mushrooms, 2x chicken & ginger, 2x beef potsticks, 2x butternut, spinach & feta and 2x salmon cream cheese).....Mutti opted for a favourite...vegetable springrolls..everyone was very happy with their choices...although Kim did prefer the salmon sashimi with the fusion dressing.....let me share some pics:

 Thinly sliced seared salmon sashimi with fusion dressing
Mixed dim sums
Mains......Mutti, mom, Kim and I all wanted sushi...so what better way than order some different sushi and sashimi and share....dad asked me to order for him cause normally I know what he wants and he likes my choices....so I ordered the crispy beef egg noodles for him and we went for a lot of salmon sashimi and one Dragon role (with eel, avo and almonds) and one Shrimp tempura role....
Shrimp tempura (in front), salmon sashimi (middle and Dragon role (back)

Dad loved his crispy beef, even I had a try and I must say it was really crispy, very very nice...and the sushi and sashimi...outstanding, you really cannot go wrong with ordering that at KOI...what was a disappointment was the service, when you ask them for something they are extremely slow, when the sushi came I asked them for extra ginger, it took them a while to bring it and then we even ran out of wasabi and Kim asked and no joke, it took them 10 minutes, that was very disappointing...and service really lacks, unfortunately when I have been to KOI in Rosebank before, it has been like that every single time, KOI Sandton has good service, Rosebank does not......I also think the amount of wasabi and ginger they put on the plate was way too small considering it was for 4 people....anyway.....the food tasted good and yes I would go back.....

Dessert...well Mutti has a little bit of a sweet tooth...so she wanted to try the macadamia brownie and share....well of course we would share...what a question....it came and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that there were whole macadamias in the brownie....and a lot of them...then came a separate green tea and white choc sauce...very sweet and you could literally just dip your pice in it...i was very glad they did not pour that sauce over it....but all that said....I must say again...the meal was amazing, and I just love KOI...let me share a pic...(unfortunately the pic doesn't do it justice)

Madademia choc brownie with green tea and white choc sauce (and a thin layer of choc on top)

So would we go back, absolutely....the most exciting part is that there is a KOI opening in Design quarter....and there one is able to sit outside also....so I am so excited for that.....so for now...good-bye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX