Hong Kong-1

So let me tell you, I have seen quite a bit of Hong Kong, but there is always new things to discover, one definitely being the food places, but those I will talk about in another blog, this blog, I'll write about how I discovered Hong Kong in a way that I did not think....

As you know we went to Manila for the baptism of little Siena...then I decided to stay a couple of days in Hong Kong with my sister to spend some quality time with my God-daughter.....Fabienne decided to take me to a lot of baby shops just to show me all the things...and man...it was a different world.....exciting though....we went into shops that I would have never spotted (if you don't know you don't know), they were not in the traditional mall or along the streets, but way high up in some random buildings, in other words, if you didn't know they were there, you would not have found them.....the first one was off Queen Street, on Peddar Street...near the Abercrombie shop.....up 5 floors and there it was....


Bumps to Babes

Fabienne explained that she bought her nursing cover at this shop as well as the sleeping sheep which makes natural sounds, such as the water inside the mom's tummy while pregnant, apparently works wonders.....after that off we went to another shop called Eugene baby....there she showed me the magic mattress....she swears by it, says she puts Siena into it and then she is able to move her whenever to wherever without disturbing her sleep.....


Cocoon a baby (Red Castle)

Of course I also wanted to see some baby clothes, so we went to the unbelievable section inside Ocean Terminal, an entire huge section dedicated to babies...and all designers have their own clothes shop there...from Ralph Lauren to Dior to Burberry...amazing...and also your traditional stores such as Mother Care and Chicco....and of course not to forget Toys r Us....


Mother Care

They had such cute Moses baskets, with little Teddy Bears, so adorable, one could go insane in shops like those....then she also showed me the "Changing Station", it is a small tiny bag where you can add some nappies, wipes and there is a small matt where you can lay your baby in case you do not find proper stations for changing inside a mall, she pointed out that some of them are not as good as others cause some are hard matts without a pillow, Mother Care has ones with little pillows....wow...they really think of everything...amazing.....


Portable Changing Station

Now....you think there is cool gadgets..wait till you hear what we found there.....an automatic nail file, amazing....a file for 0-3 months, one for 3-6 months, one for 6-12 months and one for 12 months and more.....how convenient, we tried it out on Siena, and it is definitely worth while cause it is so fast, and hassle free...like I said amazing what all these people think of.....


Shops] where we found the nail file


Automatic Nail File

After our touring of all the various shops we decided it was time for a coffee...excellent....an Illy coffee place, what more could we want....Fabienne, Siena and I decided to have a seat, Fabienne wanted an ice tea and Latte and I decided on a Cappuccino....delicious...so damn good...nothing better than a proper Cappuccino which is strong and the foam is thick....


Illy Coffee

After that...time to go home and relax a little bit at home....we had a good days outing had a delicious lunch at Joel Robuchon (will write about that in another blog)....excellent day...and really a different way to explore Hong Kong.....so for now....cheers from me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX