Birthday

My bday......so....another year older....hmmmmm....my shift was to start at 7am and it was a sea day..day after embarkation...always one of the busiest days..so kim told me the night before....lets wake up at 530 and have some coffee together...and open presents....that sounded like an excellent idea to me....in the morning kim brought me coffee in bed and i was allowed to open presents in bed....what a start to my bday.....the presents each had a small explanation.....from "something that you gonna need soon" to "something that has a little Finnish in it".....loved my morning....great start to my birthday.....then time to go to work......

Office decorated with balloons......people wishing me happy birhday....time flew and lunch time came quicker than expected....time to have some sushi lunch with a couple of girlfriends....and surprise...when we went for lunch, there was a bottle of sparkling wine waiting....we enjoyed bubbly, sushi and a good catch up....i was lucky....somehow the girls that i wanted to have a lunch with, were all off....some of us were off at 12 and some started at 1330..... So timing was very excellento....hahaha....here are pics from lunch....

Then time to chill a little before next shift...my next shift was from 4 until 8...so the plan was that kim and i have dinner somewhere....where....kim said would be a surprise....hmmmmm.....and u know...he managed to keep it a surprise....i didnt even get a clue...he just said straight after the shift hurry up.....hmmmmm.....but before shift end the backoffice also surprised me by singing and i got yummy choc mousse cake....layer of choc sponge cake, layer of choc mousse and so forth.....also with a few cherries....so damn good....8 sharp....i rushed upstairs....ready for whatever dinner plans would await me.....hmmmmm.....

Instructions....why dont i wear my new shoes and some jeans....jeans....hmmm...wasnt that too casual....nope...apparently they would not be too casual...i could easily wear jeans....so jeans....navy jersey and my new shoes it was....and then off we went...and believe it or not....i still did not know where we were going....walking along deck 11....going one deck up.....walking along deck 12 by the pool....another deck up.....ah.....we must be going to Cagneys....cause Cagneys restaurant is located on deck 13....but then we passed that....hmmmmm....and we went up to the garden villa.....and then entered the garden villa where paul and pamela stay and i was awaited by an amazing welcome....paul and pamela welcomed me with flowers and then i had to slowly walk along the corridor where there were pics hanging....a lighthouse....ankers....and then an islnd and paul told a little story o each of the pics....so amazing.....as i reached the lounge, the dining room table was set for four people, where a beautiful cheese cake and canapes and moet champagne awaited me.....what an amazing surprise....dinner was a la carte from Cagneys....yay....so for me...shrimp cocktail...followed by fillet mignon and of course eventhough there was cheesecake...i still wanted a cheese platter.....here some pics....

Food as always great......time for dessert.....the cheesecake....wow.....loved it.....it was just all so special...so unexpected....man....so amazing....yes....i might be repeating myself....but this was the most amazing surprise.....here are two pics of me and the cheesecake....

After yummy cake...time to sit on the terrace outside...enjoy a coffee and a cigar for the men....a little chilli so paul even had some blankets for us...

So my birthday was a day at sea.....filled with surprises and it made me feel truely special......
And this is not quite the end....the next day paul and pamela asked kim and me to come to their garden villa for a little bit...and ths time we were both in for a surprise....paul had made a dvd of my birthday, he had been filming a little the entire evening and taken lots of pics and he edited it all into a dvd...with matching music....and all this by the next day....wow....what a memory...cannot wait to show my parents....
This birthday will be in my memory forever......i really got spoilt......
 

Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday!!!!
    Hope the day was very special!
    Email me!!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX