My Mutti & Oma



So now I have been in Switzerland and Germany for a little bit of time. I wanted to spend time with my 2 grannies, Oma & Mutti. We went to various little cities (yes, here in Switzerland, once a place has over 10 000 inhabitants they are allowed to call themselves a city), the architecture is very beautiful and also some villages, i am gonna call them villages cause to me they are not cities, even have little dams etc, so nice....off course i tried the cappuchino in both Switzerland and Germany and not just at one coffeeshop...Switzerland was nice, Germany not so much....hmm....i wonder if i find my SA cappuchino......

Off course i also tried typical Swiss and German food......


So...the first pic is Spaezli mit Chaes,  Spaezli is a side dish served with normally a meat and sauce....it is made just from water and flour and then there is a special hand machine (lots of effort) that then makes it that shape, this one came with chaes which is cheese, so like a macaroni and cheese and then the second pic is a Kalbsbratwurst, veal sausage (fried) with onion sauce, man i just love this,very very nice.....i also tried Weisswurst but that is a boiled sausage which honestly was ok, not my best.....the bottom pic is the famous Laugenbroetli, they are a salty type of bread filled with various fillings...just butter (very nice) or cheese or salami or fleischkaese (you can actually get Fleischkaese at Spars in SA and it tastes as good as here....try)....the sweet thing that i tried was in Germany and it was a hazelnut cake layered with hazelnut cream, very nice and fluffy.......so now i am getting hungry, tonight im eating at Mutti and my flight for Rome leaves at 7:20 omorrow morning, so will have to leave her house at 5:30am.....help me......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX