Budapest



So, Im back from Budapest, it was absolutely amazing. The first photo is the famous St Stephan Basilica,absolutely stunning. the second picture is me infront of the Buda Castle in the Buda district. I never knew that the famous Danube river actually divides the city into Buda and Pest. The buldings are stunning, will put a fourth picture up. I satyed with my friend Lillian's cousin who took me out the second night to try typical Hungarian shots....very cool and the bar was like an old cave called a ruin. I honestly loved my time there and was sad to leave. it was also cheap. Off course i tried all the Hungarian food from goulash soup to fish soup to palaschinkne (a pancake filled with ground walnuts, cinamom and sugar). But my absolute best was the Esterhazy torta which is a walnut and cream layerd cake, absolutely amzing stuff...and guess what....their cappuchinos are great, they are also famous for their coffee houses and they can be. what was a totally new experience was the metro. i am used to London or Paris or even Vienna metro...this metro....hmmmm...ill post a picture too...i thought i was being driven to prison......



When I got home tonight we all went to a Trukish restaurant, they have a lot there and ate Turkish food very yummy.....afterwards we went home and the girls made Kaiserschmarn, a typical Austrian dessert that is fluffy omlette/ pancake type dessert served with prune compot and ice cream...so yummy....and Kia the American girls made flambed bananas and walnuts (see pics below) ....what a good ending to my trip....soon im off again...still deciding where......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX