Southlake with Sofia and my parents

Amazing what US does for kids.....the weekend before Easter Kim sent me this Southlake newsletter which advertised an "Easter Park" (mainly for kids) from 9am to 12pm....so of course I wanted to take Sofia there....amazing...they were handing our Easter mugs, chocolates, pens, drawing books and more. There was an Easter bunny and we could take pics...there was even an Easter-hunt (we missed that) and a petting zoo...which Sofia was a little bit wary at first and when she got into it, she loved it....let me share some pics...

Sofia and I giving the Bottle to a Baby Pig at the Petting Zoo

Sofia Feeding the Goat at the Petting Zoo

Sofia Feeding the Chickens at the Petting Zoo

Easter Bunny, Sofia and I

Sofia and I

It's great to see what is being organized for the kids...there was such a vibe.

During the time we were in Dallas we stayed at an Air BnB in Grapevine...great couple and great location, we were easily able to walk to the historic centre in Grapevine and also there was a playground nearby which Sofia loved. Of course we managed to try a few more restaurants and let me share some pics and give you some thoughts about them.

The first night we tried a place in Southlake called Gloria (Mexican)...it was good, very well priced, child friendly and a large patio. The frozen Margarita was not great (in my opinion) as it was way too thick...it was like a smoothie, so in fact mom and I asked them to switch it for a Margarita on the rocks and that was nice.We shared all our food: ceviche, guacamole with nachos and brisket fajitas. The guacamole was disappointing, I like table-side made, fresh...this seemed like it was bought in.....let me share some pics....

Margarita

Ceviche and brisket fajitas

We also tried another Mexican place called Cristina's, also in Southlake....and this was fabulous....the frozen Margarita unfortunately also had to be exchanged for one on the rocks (I guess I should start ordering on the rocks in the US), the guacamole however, was absolutely amazing...table side and yummie...we also had the beef fajitas (next time I would order the chicken though because they come on a hot plate so they are easily over-cooked).....and the melted cheese pot...wow....if you are a cheese lover...this is a definite must...but very filling...again we did family sharing style and everyone loved the food....time to share some more pics....

 Beef Fajitas and Hot Cheese (in the background)

Table-side Guacamole  and Margarita on the Rocks

One night dad said he felt like some meat....so off we went to a grill and steakhouse....we tried something in the Southlake square and we managed to sit on the patio upstairs....great....as we love to sit outside. As a starter we ordered the guacamole with nachos....and it was very yummie...although it was not made table-side one could definitely taste and see that it was fresh...For mains mom and I shared a burger and a salad and dad also had a burger...we were all very happy with the choices, it was not an inexpensive place but it was yummie, the name was Del Frisco's. 

Guacamole and nachos as a starter

Beef Burger

Blue Cheese Salad and Burger

Sofia Enjoying her Water

Yes....another dinner....this time....Italian food...we again tried a place in Southlake square called Brio Tuscan Grill....and again...food was just amazing...and again, there was a patio....so far all patios and all have been child friendly....we had a carpaccio to start with (it was huge and we definitely had enough by sharing for three)....then dad had some ravioli and mom and I had the steak salad....all of us very satisfied...taste wise and hunger wise...let me share some pics...


Carpaccio

Spinach, Asparagus, Steak and Blue Cheese Salad

Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

I guess I also need to tell you a little bit about a more casual place...the main reason we went there is because we actually wanted to go to Torchy's Tacos...but the line was WAY toooooo long (for lunch)...so we ended up in the salad bar next door....you choose either a half salad or a full salad...the amount of greens is the same...but the amount of toppings is different...the half salad has 6 while the full has 10....half was more than enough....I chose my greens and then I chose walnuts, cranberries, blue cheese, tomatoes, jalepenoes and mushrooms....then I could choose whether I wanted a protein (No) and then I could choose my salad dressing where I chose raspberry balsamic....the salad was fabulous...absolutey loved it....let me share some pics....

Salad Bar

My Salad

Last but not least...one night we did take-aways...the same brisket place that I tried with Kim "Meat U Anywhere" and again....we had the briskets, the shredded pork, the coleslaw and the roasted potatoes....yummie.....let me share some pics....

Menu

Shredded Pork, Briskets, Coleslaw and Roasted Potatoes....

Now.....we also had two nights at home...one night was a wine and cheese night and one night was a prosecco and sushi night...sushi from Central Market....absolutely amazing....wow....i would definitely go and buy sushi and sashimi there again (in fact this has been the second time and I have not been disappointed)....let me share a pic of our platter....

Sushi and Sashimi night

So yes, food wise we definitely have been having a great time in the Southlake area...and otherwise....DEFINITELY ALSO....we love this place and we definitely cannot wait to move there. I will also tell you about Fortworth (actually same distance from Southlake to Dallas as from Southlake to Fortworth). So yes, we have been enjoying it here...we have been looking at numerous houses and we do believe we have found something amazing....we have also looked at schools for Sofia....and....drum roll.....we have also been successful....I visited a few....and then narrowed it down when Sofia checked out my list of two and was definitely more acknowledged in the one than the other....so yes, we are excited....Carpe Diem School.

One day we also decided to visit the Dallas Zoo....and it was amazing...I am not a Zoo fan...but Sofia loves animals...so I thought why not....and I must say the animals have a good habitat....we walked around the African section...she likes elephants, giraffes etc....and then we also checked out the gorillas.....those I find fascinating....I would love to see them in Africa in their real habitat....one day...maybe....we also had some deep fried chicken and chips for lunch...everyone was happy...let me share some pics...

Dallas Zoo

Deep Fried Chicken and Chips (Sofia could not wait)

Sofia Sitting on the Elephant

Gorilla

Last but not least...the Grapvine mall called Mills....it is something between an outlet mall and a real mall, I loved it when Kim and I explored it, so when my parents and Sofia were here I took them there....and they also loved it...we found an amazing store for Sofia where we managed to buy her quite a few very cute outfits...especially swimming costumes (you will notice them in later blogs, a pink with white dots and a yellow, white and green flower one)...beautiful...and of course a hat....see pic below....

Sofia Showing off her Hat

Sofia Showing Off her Hat

So yes, we have been having a good time....the next blog will be on Fortworth....we went there on a Saturday....before Easter Sunday...and we LOVED it....next blog...you will see why....for now goodnight....













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX