Napoli

So...we are in Napoli again, but let me share a bit of insight with you.....after leaving the ship (Caribbean) we went home to the Tuscany to pack and then Sofia and I joined Kim for 4 weeks on the ship again....the Fiords and the UK....but I will catch you up on a later time because Kim told me I should be a little bit more up to date with my blog so hence I will skip a little bit forward and at a later stage catch you up from the travelling with the ship.

So, June 11th, Sofia, Kim and I signed off together in Southampton and made our way to Rome where Sofia was fetched by my parents to go home to Tuscany and Kim and I made our way to Napoli for Kim's medical check and his interview at the American Consulate. We arrived after 10pm on Sunday night, so we just crashed in our Air BnB and that was that.

Monday morning we took very easy...slept in, relaxed....went for some cappuccino nearby and then decided to visit a friend who had a baby and lives in Sorrento.....she made us some typical Italian lunch with some Lambrusco and we enjoyed our time catching up, filling each other in on what has been happening...let me share some pics...

Rafaelle

Sheryll and I

After a good lunch and catch up we made our way to center of Sorrento where we strolled the streets a little bit....had a gelato.....and just enjoyed.....Sorrento is very busy with tourists, but it is beautiful....there are lots of places to eat and lots of little shops to explore....I guess a nice spot for holidays. Sheryll told us though that winter is dead and summer is very packed, the best time is the in between seasons....The problem is also that there is only one road going to Napoli and one road going to the Amalfi Coast, so the traffic is very bad....and guess what on our way back, we encountered this traffic...it took us about 1.5hrs to get back to naples which is in fact only 50km...and I know it only gets worse in July and August....so hmmmm...something to think about if you are planning a holiday there.  Let me share some pics from Sorrento...

View from Sorrento

View from Sorrento

Sorrento "Beach"

After a good lunch and ice-cream in Sorrento we decided dinner would be at home, some cold meat, cheese and some red wine....yummie. The next day Kim had his medical in the morning and I joined him, after that I wanted to go to the famous coffee place in Naples called Gambrinus and there I wanted to have their famous coffee....the Gambrinus.....the choice was quite difficult because there were quite a few coffees that tickled my fancy....

Gambrinus Cafe

History

Cafe Gambrinus

Cafe Gambrinus

Outside Cafe Gambrinus

Dinner we decided to try the same place that we went to last time with the rest of the gang when we did their Greencard interviews...the place was called Donna Margherita.....and again we thoroughly enjoyed the dinner....for anti-pasti we tried the anti-pasti buffet...a variety of things from roasted peppers to octopus in red wine to octopus salad to deep fried artichokes....about 20 dishes to chose from and you can chose yourself what and how much you want. For mains Kim tried the calamari and I tried the octopus...we both loved our dishes and shared 50/50....dessert....nope, we were too full...I had a glass of prosecco while Kim had the house wine...nice dinner and yes, I would recommend the place, I guess that is also why we went back to it. 

You are probably wondering whether we had Pizza....and yes, we did manage to have a pizza once....it was for lunch and hence we shared it....but it was damn good...it was from a take-away place...let me share a pic...

Pizza Napoli Style

And....I almost forgot...the night we went for dinner at Donna Margherita, we were early and decided to have an aperitif on the way....Kim a beer and me a prosecco...and the best part for the aperitif instead of chips and nuts there was a buffet....AMAZING....i had some buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes and some olives and ricotta cheese with figs and honey while Kim had some small slices of lasagna, deep fried pizza though, brushetta and buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes....so yes...that was a great place...so worth going for some aperitif...it is just such an atmosphere....

Aperitif

The last day Kim had his interview at 8am and after that we drove home....we arrived in Sinalunga around 2pm and decided before heading home we are going to try out this Pizza place which claims that they have Napoli style Pizza....we ordered two Pizzas....and oh my....they were HUGE....one Capricosa and one with peppers, aubergine and spicy salami. They were very good.....let me share some last pics...

Peppers, Aubergines and Spicy Salami

Capricosa

So yes, Kim and I had a good few days in Naples....now home time...one day home...pack bags and we are off to Finland for a few days before heading to the States....chat soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX