Austin

Wow....what a cool place....definitely worth visiting if you like good food and love country music....I was in heaven...downtown AUSTIN....I will definitely visit you again. On the way to Austin we noticed all these amazing blue-colored flowers (blue bonnet)...which we were later told are only blooming at this time.....beautiful....let me show you...

Blue bonnet flowers with downtown Austin in the background

When we arrived we met our friends at their house, where we were invited to stay the night...thank you Gabi and Steve, what a nice place you have. Together we made our way to Perry's Steakhouse....apparently the place to be on a Friday at lunch...when our friends found out we were coming to Austin they booked us a table (2 months in advance)...why...because Perry's only does their famous pork chops during Friday lunch....and then EVERYONE wants to go.....so guess what...when we went there of course we did NOT look at the menu...it was a given what we would all eat.....when it arrived it was HUGE...and it looked damn juicy....we were explained by the waiter how to eat it...what parts are what etc......and i must say it did NOT disappoint...it fact I was AMAZED.....wow....but I was damn full after it.....(I did not eat the mash potato...I decided to concentrate on the meat).....let me share a pic...just to get your mouth watering...

Pork Chop with apple sauce and mash potatoes

Close-up

After that we were invited by the General Manager of the Westin in downtown Austin, Chris- also a friend, to have a cocktail on the roof top bar of the Westin overlooking downtown Austin....awesome....and yes....I have a pic...

Rooftop

That night we chilled at home...catching up...telling our friends our plans, hearing their plans etc....it was a great night in...enjoyed by everyone...dinner was a cheese-platter and crackers...substantial for all of us....and of course some yummie wine to go with it. 

Saturday morning was relaxed, I managed to get some studying done for my GMAT and then lunch was take-away from another a famous take-out called Torchy's Tacos....and again....we were amazed....I loved them....what a great size...smallish...great size for lunch.....for a man I recommend two...for a woman one is perfect.....let me share some pics....( I will definitely introduce my parents Sofia and Mutti to this).

 Menu

Democrat Taco: shredded beef, cilantro, avocado, queso fresco, onions and salsa (the picture does not do the food justice)

Towards late afternoon we made our way into downtown Austin to start going to some bars for some country music and drinks (and food)....we started at a place where they served some yummie snacks including pretzels....so guess what, with my cider I decided to try an oversized pretzel served with Dijon mustard and grated cheese...and Kim had a German sausage with a preztel bun, oh my word...again so yummie.....let me share a pic...

Over-Sized Pretzel

German Sausage with Pretzel Bun

Next up was a place that had Margaritas and Country Music....YAY....and in fact after we had ended the evening...I decided out of all the places, this bar, called The Library, was my absolute favourite...why....I loved the music....it was exactly what I had envisioned....loved it....time to share some more pics...

Kim and I

Kim Steering the Ship

Listening to Country Music at the Library

Next up was dinner....and again something very typical...briskets.....and again...this place you also order by the pound (same as Meat U Anywhere)....and again...I loved it....Kim is not the biggest fan...but I am sure he will come around to the idea soonish....hahaha.....a place with quite a vibe.....

Iron BBQ Restaurant

Restaurant Inside

Dinner Time

All these brisket places are nothing fancy....they are very laid back....next up was a cocktail bar in a very different area...in fact it is old houses that have been converted into bars...the area is called Rainey Street....
Rainey Street

Rainey Street

Rainey Street

The bar we chose

The place we went to has a little bit of Science added to it....you tell the bartender what type of drink you like....what spirit or wine base...what flavors....and then he mixes up something for you...very cool...of course I said I like Prosecco based....so my one is the 4th one you see (the one in the very tall shot glass).....it was delicious.

Our last place was another place in Rainey Street where they played some more country music....but not as good as The Library....but still enjoyable....after that Kim and I called it a night....we were tired and we needed to get going early the next morning as we had some appointments to see some more houses in Southlake/ Colleyville/ Keller. Chris, the General Manager at the Westin, sorted us out with some rooms...so we had a VERY comfortable night's stay....it was a fabulous weekend and you will definitely find us in downtown Austin again....what a great place. Let me share some last pics...

 Kim and I at the last bar for the night

Gabi, Steve, Chris, Kim and I

Thank you for making our weekend great...hope to see you guys soon. From me...good-bye for today...next blog....Sofia, mom and dad will be in Dallas...they have their passports back and are eager to join me....Kim will be back on the ship.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX