Fortworth

As promised, Fortworth.....this place is awesome....we went to the historic district called Stockyards.....and I guess we chose a popular day because we struggled to find parking...it was the Saturday before Easter Sunday....and this is exactly like a small town in the old Western movies....the shop fronts.....the people walking around and even the typical Long Horn (Cows) were visible...and apparently there are always parades with them...this was not only this Saturday before Easter.....

I guess I need to go there again on a "normal" Saturday to see what it is really like....but I am sure not much different....there are lots of places to eat and there were also food trucks where you could get food...of course because of Easter there were also some Easter bunnies handing out chocolates and there were also Easter-hunts.....let me share some pics...

Stockyards

Long Horns (You Were Allowed to Sit on Them, but Sofia Did Not Want to)

Statue at Stockyards

Long Horn Facts

Of course we also ate something...and we chose the food truck with the longest line...we had time...and we thought...hmmm...might as well see what the big deal is all about...and it was yummie....slices beef with a creamy/ spicy sauce on a bun served with home-made chips...let me share a pic...

Sliced, Saucy Beef

Food-truck

Sofia and I Enjoying Fortworth (Sofia Received A Sherif Star)

After lunch we discovered the petting zoo...which we know...Sofia is a little wary at first but then she warms up to it....and LOVES it....and this time was exactly the same...first mom and I had to feed the goats and towards the end...she wanted to feed the sheep and the goats....its amazing what an animal lover she is....it is just too cute. Sofia was going up to them, feeding them and stroking them.....apparently this petting zoo is always there on a weekend....very nice for kids....let me share some pics....

Sofia and I Feeding the Goat

Sofia Feeding the Goat

Sofia Feeding the Goat

So yes...for me Fortworht is totally worth a visit, and only about 30min from where we will live...so yes, we will go again...and next time I also want to explore down-town a little bit...see what is around there...but I definitely want to introduce Kim to Stockyards, he will love it. 

Oh yes, I almost forgot, they have one of those old fashioned steam engines that drives from Grapevine to the Stockyards (Fortworth) some weekends....and special occasions (for example at Christmas they call it the Polar Express) and that.....I definitely wanna do...I can only imagine what a vibe they create...and when it arrives, it arrives in the middle of the Stockyards...we actually saw the train arrive...and it looked awesome...something for another time....

Right now though...cheers...next time will be Sofia and me on the ship...we are leaving tomorrow, Easter Sunday, to join Kim for two weeks in the Western Caribbean....some sunny weather....and some family time.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX