Saturnia

Saturnia...no not the planet, Saturn....well that would be quite cool if you could visit that....but no....it was a visit to the natural hot springs..still cool though....let me tell you a little bit more...we had some friends visiting us and they wanted to go and experience the hot springs. We had been to the Bagno Vignio hot springs and hence we thought why not try something different....so Saturnia it was.

The drive was about 1.5hrs but well worth it...we had two small kiddies, Sofia and Zaiden, let me share a pic of the two of them....
Zaiden and Sofia

It was not the warmest day but we thought what the heck...now or never. When we arrived the scene was exactly what we had seen on the internet, it was very beautiful. Various layers of water coming down (like small waterfalls) and of course steam coming off them. It smelt a little bit of sulphur but honestly not too bad at all. Let me share some pics so you know what I am talking about....

Saturnia hot springs

 Saturnina hot spings

Close up

Kim took Sofia inside...and oh my word....Sofia did not wanna leave at all, she was like in 7th heaven. David took Zaiden and Kim took Sofia....and it was just a bliss to watch them. Yes, I do have some more pics...let me share...

 Kim and Sofia

David, Zaiden, Kim and Sofia

After enjoying the hot spings which I definitely recommend to anyone, we decided to have some late lunch. We were all starving, so we went to the nearest village. In summer they have a small cafe on site but because the season had not started, it was not open yet. We shared some cold meat and cheese platters and some pastas....the typical Italian lunch and of course all of this was topped with a glas sof prosecco....do not ask me where we were...because in all honesty I was sitting way in the back of the 7 seater Landrover and my sense of direction went missing somewhere along the line. Anyway, we had a super day out and that night we decided to take it easy and go to Madonnino for a Pizza....so for now...cheers from me...you will hear from me soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX