Ponte di Legno

I must admit...I have missed writing my blogs and I really am enjoying writing them again and catching you guys up on what has been happening. So after visiting my sister and her family in the Philippines, Kim fetched Ben and we decided to do a family holiday....and guess what, we all love snow (well, two weeks a year) and hence we decided to go on a skiing holiday...and much easier to drive than flying so hence we checked some destinations in Italy. The main reason we chose the Ponte di Legno area was because it is close, it has a glacier and there are slopes really high up...and since we were only going in March we thought we would play it a little bit safer by choosing a destination a little bit higher in altitude.

Kim booked a place through Air BnB and it was a beautiful chalet, two floors, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was situated in a near by village called Temu, a short 10min car ride from Ponte di Legno. However, we had ski lifts 5min from the chalet, and from there we could make our way up to the glacier....BUT.....the snow was quite slushy so it was nicer to drive up to Ponte di Legno and start skiing from there. Of course I did not do so much snowboarding because Sofia is still too small....so I rather spent time with her in the snow. Ben and Kim would go off in the morning and then around lunch time we would all meet up. Mom and dad offered to look after Sofia in the afternoon, and twice I actually took them up on their offer and went snowboarding.....Dad wanted to snow but he fell the first day on ice and decided not to ski again. I loved it. It was absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to get Sofia on the skis. My mom, in fact, cannot wait to teach her.

Sofia loved playing in the snow...and there was no fear at all...she was sliding down snow slopes on her bum, going down on her tummy and even backwards and always laughing. My sister told me that Siena would have been crying....looking at some of the falls Sofia was encountering....let me share some pics....
Ben and Kim

Sofia

Views on the slope

Kim and I

Ben and Sofia

Sofia wanting to ski also

Most of the evenings we ate at our chalet as everyone was quite tired. We did, however, go out twice and enjoyed some local cuisine....cold meat and cheese platters...mains included veal and porcini....let me share some pics....


Mushrooms and veggies, parma ham and speck

Pizza

Veal with porcini

One of the highlights was also going up on the glacier....one day we all met up there for lunch and Sofia loved it....we had an informal, typical mountain lunch and after that Kim and I made our way down with our gear while the rest of the family took the gondola down....everyone was happy....of course we also tried the apres ski....and of course we tried the typical egg nog.....yummie.... traditionally made with cream, sugar, egg yolks and topped with cream and also with some spirit...normally with brandy, rum or bourbon.....let me share a pic....

Egg Nog type drink (sorry I already had a few sips)

So yes, we definitely had a good week...something for everyone....somehow I do not have pics of my parents...might be because they did not do skiing and they wanted to take more pics of Sofia and Ben....more interesting...hahaha....anyway...hope you enjoyed my blog and next time.....will be about Naples....finally going for interviews for the Greencard to move to the States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX