Encore Cappuccino and Cake

Yes...I am actually going to write another blog about cappuccino and cake...why...cause Kim and I really enjoy going for something sweet in the afternoon, hence we managed to explore quite a few places, you should be proud of us because we managed to try new places and new cakes...and that you might know is quite an achievement for us....so where do I start....Coffee Roastery in Parkhurst...

It was one of those beautiful sunny Winter Sunday's. So Kim decided to take me on a bike ride on a beautiful Indian Motorcycle....let me share a pic with you...

Indian Motorcycle

Wow...what a nice ride...and just such a beautiful bike...unfortunately when we arrived at our beautiful Coffee Roastery there were so spaces in the sun, so we ended up sitting in the shade....which was damn cold...so we moved inside and ordered our cappuccino...then we also asked about our carrot cake...and guess what....they did not have....what....we drove all this way and they don't have...i guess we need to try something new....so we decided to try the flour-less lemon & almond cake....and man it was delicious, i love the lemony soury part combined with a marzipan taste...just so yummie, not like the carrot cake, but yummie in its own way...so verdict is, if I go back I would take the carrot cake but if unavailable, I definitely would eat this flour-less lemon & almond cake....let me share a pic with you...

 Flour-less Lemon & Almond Cake and Cappuccino at Coffee Roastery

Kim and I also managed to try 2 new places...first one...Moemas. Well Moemas was not completely new, we had been there before, I think in December last year, so quite some time ago, but we never tried the carrot cake....so I ordered my usual...carrot cake and dry cappuccino...the cappuccino was perfect, it did not even need the hot milk on the side, cause they literally had the espresso, a little bit of milk and lots of thick foam, so delicious....

The carrot cake was a little bit dry, hence the icing in the middle was needed....the icing was a little too sweet, but otherwise good, what I loved is the fact that like at Woolies and Coffe Roastery, the inside of the carrot cake mixture has a lot of nuts in it (this one a little bit less, but still quite a few), would we go back....yes, we would, however, we would probably try a different cake, just to se if it is better...as said because it was slightly dry and the icing a little too sweet (for Kim a lot too sweet)

Time to share a pic of my beautiful dry cappuccino and the carrot cake:


Cappuccino and Carrot Cake at Moemas

Now to the last carrot cake and cappuccino experience...this one was at Melt in Nicol Way Shopping Centre. We heard that they have a lot of nice cakes (and their display looks amazing) and hence we thought we would give them a try....so as always i ordered dry cappuccino and carrot cake (to share).  Let me tell you about my dry cappuccino experience....

As mentioned, I ordered a DRY cappuccino...the waiter looked a little confused, thus I explained it to him....he then stated "Oh yes, I know, we call it a split cappuccino"...I thus explained it to him again, just to make sure....whe my cappuccino arrived I was very flabbergasted...first he placed the cup with the foam on the table (I was impressed), but then he put a side dish of hot milk on the table......AND.....a side dish with a shot of espresso....hence I pushed the top foam from the cup away...AND guess what...the cup was full of milk...the waiter looked pleased and said "Split, you can make your own"....I then once again explained that that was not what I ordered....long story short...th next time I got a side dish of foam, a side dish of hot milk and a shot of espresso in a cup...and guess what....i ended up doing my own cappuccino..what a disaster....

Now let me give you the verdict with regards to the carrot cake....like the one at Moemas, it had a layer of the icing in-between and like as Moemas, it needed it, cause the carrot cake was on the dry side...also in my opinion, the mixture was only carrots and no nuts and I felt it was way too plain....so would I have it again....nope...would I go to Melt again...yes, I would give it another chance and I would order another cake...and definitely another coffee....maybe a macchiato...then again...the owner realised there was a disaster and came and chatted to us, so I explained it to her...and she handled it great....great service I must admit.....let me share the cake....


Carrot Cake at Melt

The topping on the cake was great and also the icing was fabulous, that is why I would give it another shot....but for now...I am off...I am about to go to Woolies...this time not for cake but for food shopping...so cheers from me...we chat soon.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX