Die Ou Pastorie

It was a Wednesday morning when Kim spontanously had the idea to take a KTM bike for a test drive, he was given the bike for a couple of hours so he asked whether we could for a ride towards Haartebeespoort Dam and have a lunch at a nice restaurant (he had been ther e before on a Sunday morning bike ride with the boys).

Around 12:00 we left, we took the route past Diepsloot, at least it was not so cold, around 22 degrees. This bike does not have so much protection for the backseat driver as the Indian vintage or the Harley CVO, so it took me a little to get used to it, I felt s little unprotected around myself, but I soon got used to it and enjoyed the ride...the restaurant Kim had in mind was called die ou pastorie, it is a B&B open for lunch from Wed to Sunday, has tables all in the garden, scattered everywhere...beautiful setting. The menu was written on an A4 page and it looked yummie...Kim said the chicken liver pate starter with the Rooibos jelly was very yummie...he had me convinced and we decided to share...

I was not disappointed, it was very yummie, and a nice portion size, we nibbles, chatted and enjoyed....unfortunatley I forgot to take a pic....sorry....

mains we decided to order a carpaccio with figs and a sirloin with potato wedges.....it was beautifully presented, and this time i did take a pic....the sirloin for me had a little bit too much fat, the potato wedges however were delicious....so all in all we wer satisfied with our meal. Let me share a pic of the carpaccio and the sirloin....

Carpaccio
Sirloin

There was carrot cake on the menu and i must say we were tempted but then thought we should not be such pigs....the setting at the ou pastorie really is stunning, even driving in, beautiful garden....we even took a pic whilst Kim was on the KTM in the garden...let me share with you....

Kim on thr KTM

After our lunch it was time to head back, this time through Cameleon Village and past the Peacanwood golf course....it was really such a great afternoon out...my bum was a little bit sore, not sure whether it was the bike or whether it was me not used to being on a bike for so long anymore....hmmm.....probably a bit of both...

Verdict on the KTM from a backseat passenger....its fast....its speedy when standing still and starting at a robot...i mean it has a lot of power, but i would need a top box and maybe even side boxes just so i feel a little bit less exposed....good thing it had seat heaters....i think we drove the 1295....im not so good at these names...i think im better at Indians.....comfort wise...i still like the Indian better...but that is just my opinion....

So for now...short blog....but it was an afternoon outing so there is jot much more to write...so from me...cheers...i am off to bed now.....good night

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX