Trequanda Olive Oil Festival

So....it is this time of year when the olives are being harvested and olive oil is being made...something our entire family just loves....the greener the olive oil means the earlier the harvest, the more ripe (purple olives) produce a golden olive oil. There is a myth that the greener the olive oil the better....some believe it is better because olive oil that is green in colour may indicate higher levels of polyphenols, the antioxidants associated with many of olive oil’s health benefits.

The Trequanda olive oil festival was the weekend of the 22nd October and the 23rd October....my friend was playing in a concert on Sunday so we decided to visit the festival before the concert. I must say I was a little bit disappointed. I expected more stalls, yes, I know it is an olive oil festival, but I also expected some other stalls. There were a lot of olive oils to taste, all done in the same way, olive oil on white bread....maybe some "thinking out of the box" on how to try it would have been nice. This is just my opinion.

Anyway....the concert was absolutely amazing. Mati is a professional violinist and she was accompanied by a lady on the piano and they held the concert in the church in Trequanda for 30 minutes. She is incredible. This is the first time we had all seen her play and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it is time to share some pics....

 Olive Oil Stand

Olive Oil Stand

Mati: violin

After that we walked around a little bit and also listened a little bit to the Foolk music and then we made our way home...the main reason was that Gustav (a friend from Finland was with us) and he wanted to start preparing for dinner as he brought food from Finland and he would be cooking for us. We were all very excited for that...yummie...Let me share one last picture of the Foolk music...then I am off for tonight. 

Foolk Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX