Mastrantonio

So....talking about foodies again....I know I know....so much food....but never mind, that is what I enjoy to do...going out to restaurants trying their food....could be new restaurants or old ones, could be a meal I have had before or something I wanna try....so this time it was a restaurant that I have been before, but way back when......my parents have gone there though not too long ago and they were impressed...so when my dad's birthday dinner came up, we decided to go to Mastrantonio....the original one in Illovo.

The menu looked impressive and I had my heart set on the Saltimbocca (starters I would pick a little from everyone). Kim's heart was set on the bistecca Fiorentina (he just anted to find out the size).....so order time came....mom decided on the special called Capresini (a caprese sushi), that sounded interesting, I was curious...would there be rice or how would they do that? Mutti decided on the vitello tonnato, dad the beef carpaccio and Kim the mussels....

I must say the starters were great. The portions not too big, actually quite perfect. The mussels Kim had were nice, but I felt the ones we have at il Localino or the ones we had had Assagi were better, the sauce was more flavoursome, this one was too watery, in my opinion. The vitello tonnato was delicious and so was the beef carpaccio, also beautifully presented. The caprisini, was also amazing, there was no rice, but rather the sushi was done just with the mozzarella and the tomatoes and some pesto, really really good...let me share a pic...unfortunately the quality is not the best :-)


Capresini

For mains Kim asked about the bistecca Fiorentina and the waitress informed him that it is a portion for two people. I know that Kim really wanted it, so I decided to not have the Saltimbocca alla Romana and rather share the bistecca Fiorentina with Kim. dad decided to have the Saltimbocca alla Romana, how convenient for me, then I could try from him. Mutti decided on the Piccata di Vitello with the pizzaiolo sauce (tomato based sauce) and mom decided to have the Panzotti (large parcels filled with artichoke and ricotta cheese served in a cream, butter and sage sauce).

We all really enjoyed our food, I thought the Saltimbocca was phenomenal and when I go back the next time, I will definitely have that. The bistecca was also amazing, perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, I will share a pic. Mutti and mom were also really happy with their food...so verdict, I definitely would give the restaurant a 4.5/5. I would definitely go back there, it is slightly pricey, but I guess that comes with the area, but worth it.


Bistecca Fiorentina

Dessert we all decided to skip and rather have an Affogato and a Grappa at home....so from me...cheers...next blog will be about food and restaurant again....thought I need to give some opions again about various places....we have Orient restaurant opinion coming up.....for now...good nite




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX