Last few days in Vienna

So my self travel venture to Europe is almost finished...but not to worry....i will post during my SA stay and then off course during my travels on the cruise ship.....but i am not done here yet so let me tell you about my last few days here....

I finally went to a Heuriger....which is a Eastern-Austrian wine tavern...where there is a buffet by weight for food and they serve the most recent year's wine and play Austrian music, live....it must be amazing in summer with all the little vineyard areas outside, but nevertheless, the vibe now was so much fun.....we had cheese and meat platters, so up my alley, and off course wine....the music....so much fun....playing the accordian and guitar....(see pics below)


The next day, i went to the Prater, which Is an amusement park which only opens middle of march, but thr main attraction, the Prater (who would have guessed the name), is a ferriswheel which overlooks the whole of Vienna, wot an amazing sight....loved it.....then again i better have loved it cause they know how to charge the tourists, haha......(see pics below)



And today i spent just walking, wondering, buying souvenirs etc...the past 3 days have been amazing weather...wot a way to end my trip, beautiful sunshine, happy people, its just been great.....have also had lots more Austrain specialties, starting my day with sweets and lunch consisting of savoury and sweet...otherwise how was i gonna squash it all in.....i tried this thing called punschkrapfen......man that was amazing, its a dice made with biacuit dough and filled with a Marmaelade, rum and chocolate filling and then covered with a sugar coating, they are always pink....put so good.....(see first pic below).....And i had this amazing soup called GriessNockerlsuppe( doesnt look so amazing but def was, see second pic below)....so good.....and finally tried knoedel (dumplings) for dessert, made with a fresh strawberry in the middle and surrounded by dough.....(see third pic below)....and guess wot...i found a perfect cappuchino...i have been complaining to my friends flatmates and the one girl, Klara, said to me i must go to kaffee kueche....and guess wot...she was right, perfect strong coffee with thick foam....yay Vienna.....





Tonite is my last nite so my friend lily and i r gonna go for dinner at naschmarkt, very vibey spot, listen to some music and enjoy my last dinner....which i want the turkish platter.....never had something so good and i have been craving it ever since i tried it the first time......and tomorrow morning...i have bought myself a moongipfel (poppyseed criossant).... Then i can officially say...my stomach will explode soon......also here is one last pic of the amazing architecture....



Ps....here is also a photo of lilys flat (see first pic) and then some pics of her hostel (second and third).....never knew hostel like this existed....amazing.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX