Italian inspiration

so...now I have been back just over a week and i have about 3 weeks left......i have decided to take my italian inspiration and do something with it......firstly.....go for some italian lessons...man it has been so much fun and the lady who teaches me also thought me some very interesting facts.....i never knew how Pizza Margherita was actually invented......so here goes.....
So, Pizza was invented in Napoli.....at that time the queen was called Margherita of Savoy, so this young chef from Napoli created this dish for the poor, which consited of the pizza dough, however, he loved Italy so he wanted to cover it with ingredients that showcased the Italian flag (white, red and green), so he covered the pizza with red tomato sauce, white mozzarella and green basil leaves and because he loved the queen he honoured her by calling his pizza Margherita.....interesting...thought id share it with you......

so, learning italian is my first inspiration and off course the second one has been to actually cook italian food from scratch.....so ive been making lots for example; anti-pasti, gnocci, baicoli, risotto etc etc......and i must actually congratulate myself......the food has been amazing.....the baicoli were so interesting to make, i had to make the dough, bake it and let it dry for 2 days before baking it again.....and the gnocci...when i first finished them and looked at them i thought that i might have to have some pizza take-aways but guess what....they were amazing....i tried zabalione.....but i dont think i was patient enough, the top was very foamy (how it should be), but the bottom was liquid....so i asked my nonna and she said to me that i should have continued whisking until all the liquid is foamy.....oh well, even a top chef cannot get it all right at the first try....hehe.....
have a look at my amazing creations.....anti-pasti (zuccini, melanzane and pomodore), gnocci with a butter and l'aglio (garlic) sauce and my baicoli biscuits......




so...now i am off to practice my italian before my next lesson domani.
Ciao


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX