Paris macaroon

Well....not really Paris...more like Paris Airport.....im on my way to see my husband in the States....and the best route for me was to fly from JHB to Paris and then from Paris to Houston.....i had a few hours lay over in Paris and made the best of it....that included breakfast....2 cappuccino....and a macaroon for dessert....

The terminal i was in did not have a lot of options for coffee, so i ended up at this organic self service cafe....cappuccino was decent...not the best...foam too little and not thick enough...but at least i got asked whether i wanted chocolate sprinkles....the price...oh my word....€3.80....but they know....you are stuck..no other place you can buy...so if you want cappuccino...you pay the price...anyway...i got to sit there for 3hrs...enjoying cappuccino and breakfast....and free wifi.

The highlight was when i saw this little macaroon stand....of course France is famous for these...so yes, i had to get one. The name of the stall "Laduree- Maison fondee en 1862". Let me share a pic...

Laduree stall
The stall was painted in this typical french green....just beautiful....check out all the various flavours i could choose from:
Macaroon flavours
Guess what i picked...well i guess that is not so hard....the pistaccio...the reason i only got one was because they are best eaten fresh and i was not going home and also...i needed to check whether they were actually nice...and man, i am not a macaroon fan, but i think it is because i have never tasted the real thing....my macaroon was so damn delicious, soft and crunchy and gooyey outside, smooth filling, just wow...honestly i never thought i would say this about a macaroon,..but it blew me away....i definitely wish i would have bought more...and now you might be thinking...oh well, you can buy on the way home...well actually i CANNOT cause home i fly via Amsterdam....damn....but before i think about my return...i am now very excited to join my husband on the cruise ship for one week....looking forward to seeing him and seeing new places...spending quality time together.....i will embark the cruise ship in Houston, Texas.....
I will leave you with my beautiful macaroon pic...when looking at it, my mouth just starts watering again....and i am sure yours will too...so do yourself a favour...if you are ever at Paris Airport...try one of these macaroons...definitely worth it.....for now though...cheers from me...next time you hear from me will be on the cruise ship.....
Pistaccio macaroon
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX