Hong Kong 2

As promised....some more food experiences....the first day we were there we didn't wanna to do too much so we opted for a Sushi inside the mall, I must admit it was much better than what I expected...in fact it was good....the one that I found was interesting was one which mixed shrimp and mango....yes, the rice was not perfectly shaped, and I don't think I would take mango with Sushi again...but it was interesting and nice to try something different.....
Salmon California Roll  (left) and Mango & Shrimp (right)

My main promise in the last blog was to tell you about the place we discovered which was full of locals and no tourists, we went with Sandro and Fabienne and little Siena, it was a place called Sai Kung. It is right by the sea and all the restaurant have fresh, fresh seafood, in fact it is so fresh, it is still alive in the tanks and you pick from the tanks what you want and then you tell them how you want each of the things prepared.....
Fresh seafood tanks

So Sandro and I chose for everyone....some prawns (done with a a fried garlic), deep-fried whole fish, scallops (done with ginger and spring-onion), razor clams (with a barbecue type sauce) and black pepper squid....

Garlic Prawns
 Razor clams
 Scallops
 Deep Fried Fish
Black Pepper Squid
Off course everyone had their favourite and I loved the scallops and prawns, they were juicy and so good....the razor clams were also great, especially cause I have never had them, however, I would choose a different sauce with that one, quite a rich sauce, but what a place to go, definitely worth a visit when you are there, just so relaxing and fresh....they even had a little Christmas atmosphere...check what I found....
Santa Claus

Now...let me tell you about the Italian place, it is like always when you smell a lot of Asian soya sauce and food, there is a time when I just need something Western, actually something Italian. There is a few nice places in Soho which is on the Central side...and they are cute and small, so when we went there for lunch off course I wanted to have my Caprese Salad, so mom, Fabienne and I decided to share, Caprese Salad, Fughi Salad a Parma Ham and Ruccola Pizza....well the pizza was a little bit of a disappointment and I must admit the best was the Funghi Salad, wow, that was amazing....dessert a lava choc pudding and a Tiramisu....since I haven't eaten out a Tiramisu in quite some time I enjoyed every bite....Sandro thought it needed more mascarpone, I on the other hand thought it was great, but like I said I haven't had it out in a while so I think that might have been a reason why it was so good.....
Funghi Salad

Now to the last food place Ill talk about...or write about....in this blog.....for lunch....time for garlic fried crab....this was also not a new place, but we haven't been there in a while...its called Under the Bridge Spicy Crab.....
Under the Bridge Spicy Crab

So what did we have....off course the spicy garlic fried crab....one medium and one mild...then some deep fried corn and crab puffs and some vegetable fried noodles....and a oyster omelette....the oyster omelette was not great, it lacked flavour and I would not order it again, the puffs, Sandro and Fabienne were in absolute love with, I thought it was ok. The crab though and the noodles...delicious...using tongs and all, we worked hard to ear our crabs...two was enough for the four of us...and off course garlic was enough for an army....half the excitement comes from opening the crab, getting out the meat and the munching it, it is just so damn good....really amazing...I think we will all smell of garlic for the next few hours.....here is a pic of before and after....
 Corn & Crab Puffs
 Garlic Fried Medium Spiced Crab (front), oyster omelette (in the background)
The left-overs (garlic...garlic and more garlic)

What always amazes me in Hong Kong is the variety and choices of food....from Sushi to Dim Sum to Italian to Chinese, to Crab to Joel Robuchon...whatever you feel like, you are guaranteed to find something....its really great...and I compare it to other Asian countries where the choices are very limited and if you find something not local...well let's just say stick to local...so in Hong Kong, there is something for everyone.....tomorrow is our last day, we have been here almost one week and Sandro and Fabienne are taking us to a place called Zuma for Sunday Brunch....apparently it is the most amazing Brunch....I cannot wait....and yes...I will definitely tell you about it.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX