Grosspapi

Marcel Bucher......05.05. 1927-16.08.2013......this was my dad's dad.....and his death was the reason for me flying to Switzerland in the middle of my contract.....i thought i would go help my dad organise everything and of course go to the funeral.....

I must say organising it all was so easy....my grandfather had organised almost everything already....from his grave stone to talking to the pastor...to writing a list of people he wants there as well as addresses and phone numbers...it was amazing....so eveything was done without a headache....

Here is a pic of my grandfather....

My grandfather and my dad

My dad and i drove a few times to Basel cause that is where my granfather wanted to be cremated and he wanted to be buried next to my granmother who died on the 10. Mai 2004. We organised Viaricci to sing a few songs, this my grandfather had organised for my grandmother and we thought it would be special if we organised the same for him.....Viaricci is a well known singer and she performed a few songs at the funeral.

My grandfather, Marcel, was a very ambitious man, he studied hairdressing but was not happy with only that and then went on to study chemistry and got a degree and worked for Novartis....the biggest pharmceutical company.....he also always wanted my dad to become a pianist which did not happen because my dad had an accident and lost feeling in 2 of his fingers....so my grandfather pushed my sister....the piano....but she also chose a different career path.....me...im not talented in music...i tried the recorder, piano, guitar and even the saxophone....but never mind...no talent...unfortunately my grandfather gor alzheimers and dimensia and had to be put into a home.....he was intelligent...and not always the easiest of person....my we will remember the good times.....

And to end this blog....im memory of my grandfather....2 more pics.....

My grandmother and my grandfather

Family clan pic....5 years ago...my grandfather on the far right...last time he visited South Africa....after that we had to put him into a home.....

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX