Naples.....Florida

Nope...NOT Naples Italy, BUT Naples FLORIDA.....in fact it is about a 2.5hr drive from Tampa port. So after having spent six weeks onboard with Kim and Sofia (and the last week mom and dad joined), Kim has one cruise left while the four of us are staying in the States a little bit before retuning home to Italy.

First we were invited my my parents friend, Linda, who lives in Naples. They have been friends since I was born and met each other when my parents lived in New York. Sunday after leaving the ship we made our way to Naples...no rush though....a chilled ride because Sofia is not too keen on her car seat at the moment. We collected our rental car and then we were lucky....it was Sofia's nap time....so we managed to get quite a distance done before having to stop the first time....let me share a pic of the beautiful Skyway bridge (the ship actually goes under it when it leaves Tampa port)....it is incredible.....

Skyway Bridge

Our first stop was at port Charlotte.....we all felt like a cappuccino and were not in a mood to drive around for a coffee shop so when we saw the Starbucks sign we thought....yip....good stop....and we also know there are always some nice goodies to buy....and this time it was Creme Brûlée almonds, a banana and nut loaf and some apple, pecan, cashew and walnut mini squares....all things...delicious (dad also went and bought a hamburger at McDonalds). Let me share some pics....

Banana and nut loaf

Creme Brûlée almonds

Sofia enjoying her water

After our Starbucks stop we made our way to Linda who lives in Bay Colony, Pelican Bay, Naples, Florida. She lives in one of the high-risers and she has an absolutely stunning apartment, with a 360 degree view, amazing. The first night we enjoyed a sunset at the apartment and then Linda invited us to dinner at her golf club (Bay Colony). Let me share a pic of the sunset...

Sunset from Linda's apartment

The food at the golf club was really good...and beautifully presented, quite a large portion but not too bad. Dad had the veal milanese which came with pasta and Linda, mom and I all enjoyed fish of the day which came with spicy rice and roasted tomatoes and olives (Mediterranean style). Let me share some pics of the golf club views as well as our dinner...

View

View

Dinner

Linda is also situated very close to the beach, about a 15minute walk, and Naples being warm, that was definitely on the to do list, we all know how much Sofia LOVES the beach. And guess what....Sofia was running in the sand, dipping her feet in the ocean (it was a little bit cold) and what she loved...the club pool.....guess why...it is heated...so she did not want to leave that. Beautiful beaches with white sand...really stunning...so yes, we went there on both days.....let me share some pics....

Sofia on Naples beach

 Sofia on Naples beach

Sofia playing

The area where Linda lives is just incredible, the enclosed complex is perfectly manicured. When we were walking to the beach, we saw people in "cranes" cutting the dead leaves of the palm trees, and the palms are sky-scraping in size....amazing. Let me share some pics....

 View from Sofia and my room

View from Sofia and my room

So....to end this blog....you might wonder...did we only eat out once for dinner...and the answer is yes, main reason, Sofia goes to sleep early and when we take her out for dinner she is such a busy bee (she cannot sit still) that dinner at home is just so much more relaxing, so Lina offered to make the dinners at home...and trust me...we all loved it....by the way let me share a picture of Linda.


Linda and me opening the bubbly

Oh yes, I almost forgot, we did go to the supermarket once in Naples to buy a few goodies and the choices are just incredible, I loved it. It was a strip mall with various shops and after shopping we decided to stop for a cappuccino...at a French cafe. When dad and I ordered I was getting quite excited because all the personnel behind the counter was speaking French, so I was very hopeful that the cappuccino would be a real European cappuccino....how wrong I was....the cappuccino was the size of a soup bowl...weak and bad tasting and the foam almost disappeared before I could have the first sip...so I was very disappointed. In hindsight, I guess I should have expected it...why...because the French have to adjust to the American way....in my opinion still something the Americans can improve on. Let me share a pic...

Cappuccino

So yes, we did enjoy our few days in Naples, relaxing time...enjoying the sun and the beach and enjoying great company, hope to see you soon Naples. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX