Dallas- Downtown

So yes...I have shared a little bit about uptown, I think it is time to share a little bit about downtown. First of all, they lie right next to each other, and secondly, well we still decided to take the car in the morning because we thought if we would drive around a little bit we could see a little bit more. But before I start...let me share a pic of our view (I was not very impressed).......

View from our hotel

Drum roll......my opinion (about downtown).....i was sooooo disappointed....it was dead (fair enough it was 9am), I saw no well-known shops, I saw no cafes...saw a few restaurants but nothing much....what the hell.....I am not sure what I was expecting...maybe something like New York...buzzing....many restaurants, coffee shops, retail therapy etc.....well....might as well make the most of the situation.

All that being said, we found a quaint little coffee shop called "Flying Horse", and......the cappuccino was absolutely AMAZING...the coffee was strong, the foam was thick, there was chocolate sprinkles....well, in fact, I could NOT have asked for a better cappuccino...let me share a pic....

Flying horse cappuccino

Of course we also needed some food.....so Sofia and I opted for the banana and nut muffin. WOW...amazing....so delicious. It was moist, there were whole pieces of banana and walnut, it was great, time to share a pic...

Banana and nut muffin

The story of the cafe is also quite nice.....have a squizz.....

Story of "Flying Horse"

Amazing about the building where Flying Horse is, I mean in 1921 to be the first high rising building to have air-con installed and when it opened in 1922 it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi. The coffee is sourced from small coffee farms from around the world...just a few interesting facts...hahaha.

So yes, that was our breakfast, after that my parent's friend, Walter collected us and showed us some areas outside of Dallas....that...more in my next blog. Let me tell you in this blog about one restaurant, Mexican we went to for dinner, called Iron Cactus. Let me share some pics of the outside...

Iron Cactus

Iron Cactus

When we went inside...it was huge...three stories high...we opted for the downstairs, a little bit more casual as we were with Sofia. I ordered a frozen Margarita (as did mom) and dad ordered a beer.....the frozen Margarita was delicious....let me share a pic....

Frozen Margarita

For food we ordered guacamole (with nachos made at the table), some faijtas and enchilades with smoked briskets....the food was all very delicious...I love the guacamole which they make fresh in front of you...and oh my word...Sofia was just dipping her nacho chips in the guacamole and even taking the spoon and eating the guacamole...loving it....the dinner was excellento and I would definitely go back to it...yummie...let me share some pics....

Guacamole being made

Nacho chips with my Margarita

Nacho chips and guacamole

 Faijtas

Enchilades with smoked brisket

I must admit, I kind of changed my opinion a little bit after seeing downtown Dallas at night...there was a vibe, there were a lot of restaurants....the shops...nope I did not spot them....but then again...when I drive around Johannesburg city I also cannot just see the shops...maybe I should have asked a local...then maybe I would have gotten a little bit more information. All in all, in was actually not that bad...yes, it is not a NEW YORK...but then again...New York is something special....something unique.....now finito for today....soon you will hear about the surrounding areas of Dallas....so stay put...chat soon...cheers....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX