Random worth while pics of Verona

Most of the times after a few posts of the same venue there is a random blog because there are just some pictures which do not really fit into any of the themes but I still feel that they are worthwhile to show and share...and hence, often you get my random pics from various parts of the vacation...and as always here they are...this time from Verona....

Our B&B in Verona was right outside the historic centre so a rather convenient location, it included breakfast...but the funny part was that we received a voucher and then we were allowed to go to one of the three bars/ pasticcerias nearby and have a juice, a coffee (or cappuccino) and a pastry...the typical Italian breakfast...so that was quite nice....we tried 2 out of 3 places...let me share some pics...

First place

Second place

The first one had great cappuccino so we thought instead of trying a third place on Friday morning, we would just go back to the first place (also the third place was quite far away)....but please do not ask me the names...I honestly do not remember...It was a light breakfast.

I guess I should also share some pics from the actual vineyard....Masi....I do not have too many because the weather was not allowing me to take many pics (rain and fog)...

Entrance

Estate

Now to the last random bit...the one evening Kim and I managed to actually explore the historic centre of Verona a little bit....although it was quite dark and drizzling, we still enjoyed it...the photos are not the best...but I have some good memories....we also enjoyed an aperitif at a local bar and where we tried a Valpolicella...yummie...the Amarone we actually went to an estate called Santa Sofia and purchased an Amarone wine that we would consume at home (we have by now consumed it and I must say it was outstanding). Let me share some last pics...

Santa Sofia vineyard

Piazza delle Erbe
Piazza delle Erbe church tower

Piazza delle Erbe market

Piazza delle Erbe fountain

Castel Vecchio Bridge

Kim and I infront of Castel Vecchio Bridge

Enjoying aperitif

So yes, we had a good few days in Verona even though the weather was not great...oh well...one day we go back and see Juliet's balcony from Romeo and Juliet and one day I will go and listen to an Opera in the old arena.....for now though...cheers from me....bed time....tomorrow early wake-up...some more studying for my Exam...next blog...let's see...probably another one from good old Italy...probably from Saturnia....sounds intriguing...well make sure you do not miss it...coming up soon....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Another cruise in Western Caribbean

First few days in our new home- Dallas TX