Cane e Gatto

Nope....not dog and cat..well, yes, dog and cat translated from Italian into English...but in fact this is the restaurant we tried in Siena...on Via Pagliaresi, off the main Piazza del Campo, so not touristy at all, in fact it was full of Italians, which is always a good sign....

The main reason we drove to Siena was to go and check out the Chicco Baby store...I wanted to buy a one-piece stroller for little Sofia...and this was the closet option...we thought that rather than just driving to Siena for one particular shop, why not make a day of it and go and enjoy some lunch in the old town of Siena...and that is exactly what we did....but we did not want to end up in the tourist area...so we ended up at this tiny restaurant called cane e gatto....and guess what...it was cute...and quaint and the food was actually very delicious...

I guess I should share what we had...mom and I shared a salumi and fromaggio platter...beautifully presented and tasted delicious and we also shared a pici con pepe, sale and parmigiano (pici is a thicker version of spaghetti)...and wow...that was absoloutely amazing...yes, sounds very simple...but man....so damn good, the pasta was sticking and intertwined with the parmigiano cheese and as I pulled a piece of pasta you saw the strings of cheese, my mouth was just watering...and it was divine....let me share two pics...

Prosecco, Salumi e Fromaggio piatto con brushetta toscana

Pici con pepe, sale e parmigiano

Mutti and dad had an ossobucco with plain tagliatelle...and also they raved about their food..they said it really was very delicious...exactly how an ossobucco should be...let me share a pic of their food also..

Ossobucco con tagliatelle

Dessert...was not happening...we rather opted for another glass of prosecco....a vino frizzante...so yes, we enjoyed our lunch at cane e gatto...would I go again...yes, I would....after lunch it was time to go and explore the Chicco store....there is one thing I would change...and that is the presenattion of the food..I feel that a lot of the Italian restaurants are not presenting the food very catchy...which I think could definitely be done....anyway...just my 50c worth.

Now moving on to the Chicco store...as you might be aware stores close in Italy over lunch time...mostly from 13:00 until about 15:30/ 16:00....so yes...if you come and visit parts of Italy plan that into your day...anyway...did I find what I wanted at the Chicco store...yes I did...a light-weigh...one-piece stroller...which I can easily fold....and has good wheels for these uneven pavements here in the old towns...for me..exactly what I was looking for....and just so you know what I am talking about....here is a pic....

Chicco stroller

To end my blog...I am going to share a pic of our beautiful daughter Sofia...

Sofia

So, from me goodnight...sleep tight...and you will hear from me again soon.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding time.....my baby sister's wedding

Hong kong

Podere il Casale